Jillian Micheals DVD's

Options
Hi, could you please give me your thoughts on Jillian Micheals DVD's.. My birthday is coming up and as I never now what I want when my family ask what I'd like for my birthday, I'm consider asking for these. ( sorry if you think im sad) better than receiving a box of chocolates. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've only done 30DS and I love it
  • freddythefluffy
    freddythefluffy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I second that - 30DS is great!

You can get the first two levels for free on YouTube, though, in case you want to try it first and see if you like it :)
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very much. I feel to heavy to exercise but I know I should start or I will be 'floppy'. Hopefully doing it in my own home will make me less concious of my 260lb weight.
  • alucard2010
    alucard2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would recommend RkS Kettlebell system. The trainer is RKC certified and the dvd's are only $25 on amazon. get your self a 25 to 35 pound bell and get to work.
  • sallymason88
    sallymason88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    love Jillian Michaels. Recommend them all.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would ask for a box set of her dvd's couple of her workouts are on the befit channel on YouTube, beginner shred then 30 day shred is a starting point.
  • kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian DVDs - I own almost all of them and they are all good. Amazon do great bundles where you get 4 or 5 in a box in they are great as you get some variety and great value for money. The yoga ones are good and my personal faves are 6 week 6 pack and one week shred for high impact cardio.
  • ldowdesw
    Options
    Thank you for your advise everyone, I can't wait to get started.
  • rebelriesling_
    rebelriesling_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 and the 30 Day Shred are amazing! Just increase your dumb bell weights as you go for more of a challenge :)
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I used to do No More Trouble Zones (strength) and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (cardio). Both those work outs kick my butt. They are longer though. About 52 minutes with warm up and cool down/stretch. I saw great results with both.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Six Week Six Pack. These are my three favorites. I have tried most of her workout videos, but these are the three that I enjoy the most.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred gives great results, Ripped in 30 as well. I am starting BodyShred tomorrow.
  • SheilaG80
    SheilaG80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started her 30 day Beginner's Shred and really like it. As someone who hasn't done workout videos before, this was a great place to start!
    I'm hoping to do the 30 day shred when I'm done with this one.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I started Shred It with Weights in January and I love the results I've been getting. My arms look amazing. Jillian is annoying as hell but I love the results in a short workout time. I've also done 30 Day Shred with great results.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BTW...you can buy each level of 30 Day Shred on Amazon separately and then play it on demand on a tablet or phone or TV device like a Roku.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    No more trouble zones is a really good one. There's isn't much cardio it's more strength with weights. As time goes on you can up your weights to make it harder and when you finish you thank the heavens it's over
  • nilasae
    nilasae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heartily recommending her DVDs, 30 Day Shred is a good starting point. Depending on how/what you want to shape you can move on to her other stuff later - I'm trying to do Extreme Shred, 6 Week Sixpack and Killer Buns & Thighs every week so it doesn't get boring. No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism are pretty cool, too!
  • ldowdesw
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to getting started. I bought davina's about 4 years ago, I sat and watched it with a cup of tea and a packet of biscuits! That's one of the reasons I'm 260 lbs. I've asked my sister for the box set, but I'll have to wait another 5 weeks for it. I haven't looked forward to my birthday so much for years!