The 3 Day Walk... Anyone?

MrsCallas
MrsCallas Posts: 62
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I am seriously thinking about doing the 3 day walk to raise money and awarieness for breast cancer. Has anyone participated in this event or intereseted in starting a team? I lost my mother-in-law to breast cancer 3 days before our wedding. Needless to say this is important to me. :wink:

Let me know if you want more info.

Replies

• I am seriously thinking about doing the 3 day walk to raise money and awarieness for breast cancer. Has anyone participated in this event or intereseted in starting a team? I lost my mother-in-law to breast cancer 3 days before our wedding. Needless to say this is important to me. :wink:

Let me know if you want more info.
  • I did in 2002 and it was truly AMAZING. Definitely go for it!
  • stilts
    stilts Posts: 4
    I have done it 3 times in Tampa Bay. I am a runner and it was still the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but one of the best things I have ever done as well. I HIGHLY recommend it. Don't let the fundraising scare you either. People love to give when they hear what you're doing.
  • I did in 2002 and it was truly AMAZING. Definitely go for it!

I am really excited! It is a little overwhelmeing!! Thank you for the encouragement!!!
  • I have done it 3 times in Tampa Bay. I am a runner and it was still the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but one of the best things I have ever done as well. I HIGHLY recommend it. Don't let the fundraising scare you either. People love to give when they hear what you're doing.

I am worried about the greatness of the task. But I keep reminding myself.... it is nothing compared to what she went through and it could one day be my sons wife.....I am scared of the fundraising. I feel though that if I start now maybe it will not be SO scary!
This discussion has been closed.