Fitbit Question

Options
Does anyone click the Negative Calorie Adjustment or do yall just do Positive numbers I'm lost on that part please help

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have negative adjustments enabled. Basically it takes away calories if you don't burn as much as MFP predicted for the activity level you selected.

Example:
    I have MFP set to lightly active. At this activity level MFP thinks I will burn 1800 calories a day. If at the end of the day Fitbit reports that I only burned 1700, my adjustment is -100. If my goal is to maintain, eating 1800 when I only burned 1700 will put me in a surplus. With a planned deficit of 500, if I ate 1300 when I burned 1700 my deficit would only be 400 calories (instead of the 500 I would want).
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have it turned off.
    It was "moving" too much for me during the day. As in,"I can eat 400 more calories" then an hour later because I the doctor took longer or some such "Ooh, I'm 600 calories over". Too many times I ate what I was told only to wake up and find I was over calories for the day.
  • loldiz
    loldiz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I keep it on. I set my MFP to sedentary (even though I'm usually at least lightly active) so I don't tend to get too many negatives. I feel it keeps me accountable for what I eat.
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have mfp set to sedentary and negative cals enabled. It usually takes calories away in the morning when I haven't done much walking, but it all evens out later in the day unless I'm sick in bed or something.