30 Day Shred Without Weights?

Options
dmest
dmest Posts: 98 Member
I apologize if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on it by using the search tool. I am planning to start the 30 Day Shred soon and was wondering if it can be done without weights. I already have a scheduled strength training session M,W&F and have been doing Jillian Michaels' Blast Fat Boost Metabolism DVD on Tues & Thurs. Would it be possible to do the 30 Day Shred in addition to my existing workouts? If I'm going to do it every day, I'd rather do it without weights to avoid injury since I'm already using weights in another pretty hard-core workout. Has anyone done it without weights and seen results?

Replies

• NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's really light weight like 1.5 to 5 lbs. It's more like cardio with weight. It's not weight training. You should be fine.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    There are some days where I felt too sore to continue. Those days I just did the workout without weights. I still burned calories (200 instead of 220 or something similar) but didn't strain my arms as much. Definitely still worthwhile with no weights.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I only use 3lb weights.
  • magicpianos
    Options
    I agree, it's not meant to be a hard core weight training program. Since you're concerned about avoiding injury, I would use extremely light weights (no heavier than 3lbs), and take full advantage of the cardio and ab training portions. :)
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use 2 big soup cans! LOL
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I guess those 1 and 2 pound weights I bought for my kids will come in handy.