I need some motivation.

Options
I have reached a plateau and it's so frustrating. I workout 6 days a week and I eat a very healthy diet with the exception of my cheat day. Why am I going through such a roller coaster emotional ride? I even think I'm frustrating my trainer with my negativity. I just can't help it. I know it takes time to lose weight but I've been at it for a little over a year. I've lost quite a bit but now I'm fixed on body and the way it looks. I know my problem areas and I've been working at them, I just want to see results now. I know if I give it a few month I will see some difference but the wait is so frustrating and so is plateauing. I just don't know...

Replies

• rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try measuring your body instead of focusing on the amount of weight. I have been working at this since December and have seen way more change in my measurements than I have in the amount that I weight. Just a suggestion! Hang in there!
  • VirtuousJoy
    VirtuousJoy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You've came a long way already, so no need in quitting because you don't see results right now. They're coming. just keep doing what you're doing and giving it all you've got, you're going to be there in no time! :D You got this!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll get my trainer to measure my stats and see what I come up with.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You've came a long way already, so no need in quitting because you don't see results right now. They're coming. just keep doing what you're doing and giving it all you've got, you're going to be there in no time! :D You got this!

Thank you. I need positive comments like this. :flowerforyou:
  • ghostorchid
    Options
    It sounds like you need a change. Perhaps put your trainer on hiatus and branch out on your own for a little while? Do something to rock the boat! Has there been some sport you've been interested in but never tried or even one you never thought you'd do--kick boxing, krav maga, belly dancing, canoeing, ballroom dancing? Take advantage and try to figure out a way to do it. Even if you completely stink at it, put your absolute all into it and hopefully it'll pay off. Your trainer should be waiting in the wings when you're mentally there again. Best of luck!!
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    I have reached a plateau and it's so frustrating. I workout 6 days a week and I eat a very healthy diet with the exception of my cheat day. Why am I going through such a roller coaster emotional ride? I even think I'm frustrating my trainer with my negativity. I just can't help it. I know it takes time to lose weight but I've been at it for a little over a year. I've lost quite a bit but now I'm fixed on body and the way it looks. I know my problem areas and I've been working at them, I just want to see results now. I know if I give it a few month I will see some difference but the wait is so frustrating and so is plateauing. I just don't know...

Don't let the scale frustrate your efforts. I agree that measurments may be the way to go for a while. I'm actually getting ready to put my scale away for the next 2-3 weeks because i'm getting too focused on the number. Maybe some non-scale assessments will give a jumpstart to your motivation. in the immortal words of 2pac, KEEP YA HEAD UP!! any movement forward is better than moving backward :-)