Did my first 5k!

Options
lostgoals
lostgoals Posts: 57 Member
Started over 300 pounds Feb 12 or so, currently 265ish turning 40 the end of this month /background .

Friday my sister asked if I wanted do a 5k benefit walk/run the next day. I didn't really want too but I did lol I pushed my body and managed to finish in 40:47! My average treadmill speed is 3.5 (up to 4 down to 3 always random elevation) so I far surpassed my speeds on treadmills.

The 5k was up and down hills so I guess my treadmill elevation up was good but darn my shins hurt from the down elevation! Oh and it was nice knowing I was able to do something I am certain I couldn't have just a month or two ago.

Replies

• danielasaur
    danielasaur Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 5k success!!!! Running a 5k is one of my goals this year, I hope that it goes as well for me as it has for you!
  • lostgoals
    Options
    Oh it should go well for you hopefully! A steady jog (and a fast walk if need be at times) works! As the 300 plus people took off, my sister and I started a very brisk walk and moved on to a slow jog and by mid point passing some of the bullets out of the gate. Next year I hope to have a brisk jog the entire time!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on running you first 5K, How good does that feel!
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great, keep it up and you will be amazed at how quickly you can progress.
  • lostgoals
    Options
    Congratulations on running you first 5K, How good does that feel!

If it was acceptable to cry I probably would have at the finish line lol Average steps were like 3k a day or less for the last year (phone tracking without me really even knowing or looking) the last 50 days 15-20k steps a day. I have started a sustainable lifestyle change*. And it felt awesome!

* Counting calories, should be a course taught in middle school. Obesity would be a lot lower IMHO.
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!