Somewhat new!!

Options
So I am curious, what does everyone do besides their calorie counting?? What kind of exercises do you do? How long do you go to the gym and how often? I'd love to know what everyone does!! Feel free to add me too =) I don't bite hehe

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I go to Curves (40 minutes) daily, do Zumba twice a week (48 minutes) and walking on the weekencs (1-2 miles).
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i just joined the gym....currently working out 3 times a week for about 30-40 minutes. i am building up my endurance as i go...when i started it was about 10-15 minutes. started with slow paced walking. hope this helps and you are very sucessful in your journey!
  • EdilyB12
    EdilyB12 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello Michelle!,

I also work out 3 times a week for at least 30 mins! I would recommend taking things easy at first and then maximize your workouts as you go :)
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I also work out 3 times a week for at least 30 mins! I would recommend taking things easy at first and then maximize your workouts as you go :)

I agree that this is a great way to go. Start with 30 minutes 3x a week on the elliptical, then increase your time/intensity level as you go. Try the cardio mode if the machine has one, or if not figure out your maximum heart rate and try to keep your heart rate up around 70% during your workout.
  • MichelleB1128
    MichelleB1128 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym for about 2 months now, but for about a month I added eating healthy to the equation too :) I've been doing an hour at the gym at least 5 times a week. Most of the time it's an hour on the treadmill with the Incline all the way up and speed vary. I have lost 21 lbs so far so something must be working!! I've had my up's and down's during this with not eating enough food and actually GAINING weight, which I totally didn't understand! And for my last weigh in I just maintained which is so frustrating, but I wont give up!!!