Frustrated

Options
Been on this app 14 days & working out & only lost 5 lbs. So frustrated & disappointed!!!

Replies

• minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Whhaaaaat? Give me 5lbs any day and I'll be happy. Infact If I lost 5 pounds in the month I would be buzzing. Maybe your expectations are too high?
  • twobestkids
    twobestkids Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are, never thought of it that way. Guess it's been so long since I attempted to lose weight I forgot the struggle!!
  • spsprd
    spsprd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be a struggle, but it does require patience. This trip is for life.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,137 Member
    Options
    Been on this app 14 days & working out & only lost 5 lbs. So frustrated & disappointed!!!

That's pretty awesome...wish I could lose it that fast....
  • twobestkids
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....patience the one quality I don't have an abundance of lol. But I'll try & remember
  • alexreyn13
    alexreyn13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5 Pounds in 14 days is fantastic, literally nothing to be worried about. See how you go a few weeks from now, if you're still losing even just 0.5-1 pound a week (depending on how steep your deficit is) you're on the right track =).
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    What were you expecting? Do this for a couple of weeks and be instantly transformed? How long did it take you to put on all of the weight you're trying to lose? I bet it happened over a much longer time scale than two weeks?
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If I count every calorie, focus on my macros, drink water and exercise a few times a week I know I will normally lose about 6 pounds per month. I am a 49 year old female. Gone are the days of losing 10-15 pounds monthly. But slow is better so that I will hopefully have less sagging skin. Reassess your expectations and realize that a pound per week will still be over 50 in a year!!!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Adjust your expectations. If 5 lbs in 2 weeks isn't enough for you, you're doing to be in for a long, bumpy and disappointing ride.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. Cry me a river, and while you're at it, align your expectations with reality.
  • samaris13
    samaris13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thats a very healthy weight loss, you should be happy and keep going on that pace. =)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Calm yourself! A lot of Ppl would love to lose 5 lbs in two weeks. Healthy weight loss is usually .5-2 lbs a weeks. Closer you get to goal weight the slower it will go. I will advice getting some patience because this journey isn't easy and if your expectations are out of whack it will be even harder.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    haha, maybe dial the ambition down a little there.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    is this a joke
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. It's going to take me months to lose 5 lbs. I'm gonna back out of this thread before I get frustrated myself. With OP.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome. 5lbs is a great effort. Keep at it and you will reach your goal "in time". <3
  • twobestkids
    Options
    To everyone with the positive comments, thank u. Much appreciated & so helpful. As I said been a long time since I've done this, forgot what a challenge it is. In the meantime I'll keep carrying on & appreciate every "little" milestone
  • twobestkids
    Options
    To everyone with the positive comments, thank u. Much appreciated & so helpful. As I said been a long time since I've done this, forgot what a challenge it is. In the meantime I'll keep carrying on & appreciate every "little" milestone :)
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    is this a joke

• kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been loggin for 21 days and I've only lost 3.9 pounds but for the first time in my weight loss 'career' lol journey I'm not discouraged by this slow progress. I say keep going. In a few months time you'll be grateful you stuck with it. (I'm working on being able to say the same for myself) Be proud of yourself and stick with it. Best of luck!