Shakes

Options
My husband is looking for a Weightloss/meal replacement shake. He is only going to have the shanke for breakfast and occasionally lunch. He was looking into Medifast but it seems pricey to me. Plus I don't want to shell out $$ if he hates the taste. Anyone know of any good ones that taste good??? I found a good website that reviews shakes but I wanted my MFP pals to weigh in too!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I do the HMR and I love the shakes, I have lost 65 lbs. But, most of the people in the program have lost more.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Anyone try Ideal Shape or Just Right shakes?

Thanks, I'll look into HMR!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,719 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Shakeology? I did it for quite a while as a supplement, not a meal replacement. I liked it, but I decided it wasn't worth the expense. I have a handful of individual packets of the chocolate here that are just taking up space. If he wants to sample them, I could send them to you. I have your address. :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill! That would be great. (It also might remind me to send back your Kinnect game!)
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks Jill! That would be great. (It also might remind me to send back your Kinnect game!)
    I should send yours back to you as well. I am embarrassed to admit I tried it once and never tried it again. Kind of like mine I sent to you. :laugh: I'll get it all bundled up and mailed out to you tomorrow.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    No idea, but here's a bump for the night time crowd to chime in :happy:
  • dclark432
    dclark432 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use body by vi shakes. Yummy!!!!! Tastes like cake batter. Email me if you want more info.
  • lauriejl2
    lauriejl2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am interested in using a meal replacment shake too. I looked into shakelolgy but it seems costly---do they really taste good???
  • PJilly
    Options
    I am interested in using a meal replacment shake too. I looked into shakelolgy but it seems costly---do they really taste good???
    Some people love it; some people hate it. I like the chocolate, but it has to be ice cold, and I like it best with cinnamon added. This all reminds me, Kathy, that I forgot to send your package yesterday. I am going to put a reminder on my calendar to do it Monday. That usually works. :tongue:
  • mallentx
    mallentx Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    I would HIGHLY recommend IdealShape meal replacement shakes.
    They are DELICIOUS! Last summer, I purchased a packet of the several popular brands (slimfast, medifast, gnc's brand, and idealshape.) Their's was the best. It's also the best priced AND they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. (I don't think anyone else does.)
    If you compare the nutritional values also, they beat everyone.

Just my 2 cents.

Margaret
    Dallas TX
  • lindseybrooks
    Options
    Hi,
    I would HIGHLY recommend IdealShape meal replacement shakes.
    They are DELICIOUS! Last summer, I purchased a packet of the several popular brands (slimfast, medifast, gnc's brand, and idealshape.) Their's was the best. It's also the best priced AND they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. (I don't think anyone else does.)
    If you compare the nutritional values also, they beat everyone.

Just my 2 cents.

Margaret
    Dallas TX

Margaret - I just ordered IdealShape - I can't wait to try! It has the best reviews and the best bang for your buck! Thanks!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i make a smoothie with fuit juice and whey protein ,

3 scoops body fortress vanilla protein
    1 cup strawberry
    1 cup blueberry
    1 cup pineapple/mango
    1.5 cup carrots
    2 apples
    2 stalks celery
    2 limes
    water to thin.

you can put it in a blender with ice or a juicer if you're like me and don't like chewing drinks.

based on my brands/juice it's (per 32 ounces)
    500 calories
    6 fat
    23 sugar
    175 sodium
    980 potassium
    48 carbs
    12.5 fiber
    81 g protein

i use it when i'm in a hurry.
  • mrsbadara
    Options
    I like Herbalife shakes. You can buy them online. I'm not really into anything other than the shakes via herbalife... but they are good. Cafe mocha and dutch chocolate are delish. I also like SpiruTien protein powder as a meal replacement, it's not high in calories or too high in protein. It's a nice addition but not "too much". And it's pretty cheap!
  • sweets2001
    Options
    I use body by vi shakes. Yummy!!!!! Tastes like cake batter. Email me if you want more info.

I love the Body By Vi Shakes!
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I buy the Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder at Walmart and make my own smoothie...1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and 1 cup frozen fruit. High in protein, plus you get your serving of fruit for the day. It's under 300 calories. I have also use the chocolate protein powder and mixed it with 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup water, 1 frozen banana, and 2 tablespoonsful of peanut butter. It's higher in calories but great after a hard workout.