I'm New

Options
Happy0326
Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
I'm new & Im loving it so far. I started my weight loss journey 6 days ago. I weighed myself today & gained 5lbs. very discouraging & disappointing since I have been counting my calories every day & have been making better food choices. I have NOT eaten any junk or sweets & very lil carbs & have drinken LOTS of water. I even walked a couple days. I don't know why I gained. Well I'd like to wish everyone else the Best in their journey. Keep up the Good work. You deserve to be your BEST!

Replies

• SharlaU
    SharlaU Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too, the names Sharla. I'm from Turangi, New Zealand. I have lost 10kgs already and want to continue and when a friend recommended this website I thought why not! I have also started back at the gym this week and loving it!

Have also recently given up smoking so do not want to put on any weight trying to give the nasty ciggys up!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If u just started exercising member muscle ways more that fat! Ive been on here for almost a month & i was doin pretty good lost a lb n a week, but then had a bad week & gained about 3 lbs back! u will get the hang of it! it may help to onpen your food journey to get some honest feed back. i know where i went wrong! cokes & ate way over the portion sizes!
  • SharlaU
    SharlaU Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How do I open my food journal plz?
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi and welcome
    Don't get discouraged, the scale can be very misleading, rely more on your clothing and the way that it "doesn't" quite fit the same anymore..I have found that... that can be more telling, you will naturally lose and gain during the process, so don't worry about it in the beginning!!! Please feel free to add me :D
  • Badboy09
    Badboy09 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi i have been consistantly working out and changed my eating life style and been dedicayed since april 1st the key is not just calories but were your calories are coming from,and are you eating enough times a day to keep your metabalism reved up some did say that muscle weighs more than fat that is a true fact if you just started weight lifting you may feel your clothes a little tighter but it will soon get smaller and the muscle will start to burn away the fat the reason you get or feel bigger is because your muscle tissue breaks and your muscle are swollen like i said they will shrink look more toned and defined stick with it and make no room for mistakes and if you do dont look back and keep it moving it also helps to get to the gym or outside and try to burn 1000 calories per work out because weight loss is a simple science calories in versus calories out good luck keep up the grat work
  • Kristina2886
    Options
    My name is Kristina and I just signed up on 6-22-2011 so I cannot wait to get this process started. I am really ready to lose this weight because I have had 2 children within a 3 year period and now that I am done having kids I want to try and get my figure back.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! You will find all the support and help you culd ever need here. As far as the 5lbs gained. It could be muscle, it could be extra water weight. So don't let it get your down! The best way to keep track of your weight lose is with by inches lost. Not what the scale says. They can be very misleading!