Women & creatine

Options
cmowat13
cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
I've been reading some information regarding women taking creatine and was just hoping some people on here could share their experiences/insight/advice. Any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    Yes, any info would be interesting. : )
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started taking Creatine 3 months ago. I take it in the form of pills, 3 grams per day. Within about 2 weeks, I started feeling huge increases in my muscle endurance. I can walk longer, lift heavier, push harder without feeling as fatigued. My fiance and personal trainer both noticed a huge difference within a couple of days of when it was supposed to have reached "saturation" in body.

I didn't notice any unusual bloating or water retention, which I was worried about because of some of the rumors on body building forums, though the actual medical research I read seemed to indicate it wasn't really a worry.

I chose 3 grams, after reading a medical journal article where they gave women on volleyball teams 3 grams, and saw huge endurance boosts. I did not do a "loading period" where you take more to saturate, I just did 3 grams a day.

I also recommend being careful with what you read online about creatine. There is a lot of mis-information. I used wikipedia as a starting point, and some articles on bodybuilding.com then followed the links to actual medical journals for my information.

This particular article seems to be fairly accurate: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne13.htm

I can't say much more, this is just my personal experience.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I chose 3 grams, after reading a medical journal article where they gave women on volleyball teams 3 grams, and saw huge endurance boosts. I did not do a "loading period" where you take more to saturate, I just did 3 grams a day.

Oh, I saw that article too! Yeah, I wanted to do more research on it before starting it. I read that the loading phase was not necessary from a few different sources so I was planning on doing what you did as well.

Thank you for your input!
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    Thanks for the info, and the link to the article! Good luck to both of you on your journeys. : )
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Oh, I saw that article too! Yeah, I wanted to do more research on it before starting it. I read that the loading phase was not necessary from a few different sources so I was planning on doing what you did as well.

Thank you for your input!

This is correct. You do not NEED to load. It'll just take longer to get the ideal levels. It's up to you.
  • fredrikla
    fredrikla Posts: 4
    Options
    Just 3 grams of creatine a day is mostly a waste of time and money.

To get sufficent amounts in the bloodstream out working thos muscles:
    5mg at morning and 5 mg evening
    Traning days:
    5 mg morning, 5 mg 30 minutes before traning - 5 mg directly after traning, 5 mg evening.

Loading 5-7 days is better than not and has probably more to give than not, but ofcourse do as you like. Most important is to stop Creatine after 2-3 months and let the muscle settle, cut Creatine train 2-3 weeks without - and load up agin anf go 2-3 months.

Loading is 10g morning - 10g mid day - 10g afternoon. 5-7 days.

If Creatine Monohydrate does not give response after 1-3 weeks, your are amongst 30% that are lowresponders. TriCreatine Malate is your choice the.

Hydrate with atleast 3 litres of water to stay clear of the minor side effects that appear, mostly all of them due to dehydration. Kidneyproblems? Stay off!!!

Best luck
    Fredrik