Vegan anybody?

Options
emthegreat820
emthegreat820 Posts: 4 Member
I need some easy to make vegan meals? Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Replies

• rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan but I enjoy many vegan meals. Check out pinterest. There are a TON of good recipes.
  • drcrusher
    drcrusher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A lot of different cultures have some kind of rice-and-beans recipe. It's really fun to try making them all because you learn a lot! I mean, these are inexpensive subsistence crops that have been made into wonderful varied dishes that are often vegan or can be adapted. Try Cuban black beans or Jamaican rice and peas which uses coconut. :) They're not exactly quick to make but they are simple, it just requires some organisation to remember about soaking the beans. :)
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Some of my easier vegan meals are pad thai and mushroom fajitas :) Let me know if you would like the recipes
  • emthegreat820
    emthegreat820 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sure, those recipes would mean a lot.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Check out the ENgine 2 Diet. Those are some of the best recipes I have found on the web.
  • afigirl86
    afigirl86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 8 years. Hope these help:

Eggplant Pizzas:
    Cut eggplant into thick rounds. Spray with coconut spray or light olive oil. Salt & pepper both sides and roast for a few mins at 350.

Top with your favorite pizza sauce (a tablespoon should be enough)
    Add soy cheese and veggies. (My fav is mushroom and olive.

*Also trader joes does a whole wheat pizza dough I believe is vegan. Also whole foods carries vegan pizza crust

Veggie Fajitas: onions, bell peppers, asparagus on corn tortillas

I recently found a really good white bean Alfredo recipe. It's actually very easy to make. Here is the link: http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2016/02/farfalle-with-a-creamy-white-bean-and-roasted-garlic-sauce/