Polar FT7 giving a constant high reading

Options
I've had my Polar FT7 for about 5 years and it has always worked very well. However, I recently started getting readings of 200+ on it, so I changed the batteries on both the watch and the chest strap and washed the chest strap. Since then, I either get a reading of 0 or 200. Two minutes ago, it gave me a reading of 205 and now, as I sit on the couch, it's telling me my heart rate is 0.

I've tried pretty much everything that comes up on Google. Does anyone have any other tips? Is it just too old?

Replies

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    did you clean the sensors?
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did. No dice. :(
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Okay, that was one thing you didn't type that I had happen with mine. Sorry no help then. Do they have a help section on their website you could ask them? Fitbit I know was great about it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Had the same issues with my FT7 - it turned out to be the strap rather than the watch. The later style straps (H1) seem more robust and reliable.
    The FT7 died suddenly as well at less than 3 years old.
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    Options
    I read that some people are had problems with the sensors in the strap after a while and had to send in for repair or replacement. Not sure if that could be it or not. I also read that you are suppose to hand wash the strap at least once a week if not more often. I just got one for my birthday and was reading up on it before opening the box as it says it can't be returned if you open the box.