Around 150lbs to lose double chin is killing my confidence

Options
I need a fast way to lose weight without pills

Replies

• paulasymingtonmfp
    paulasymingtonmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it . I have 125 lbs to loose started on Thursday . I'm doing low carb but I'm going to hopefully do it long term not just to loose weight . Add me if you want I will be logging in every day .
  • wj_rudder38
    wj_rudder38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've got 30 to lose you can add me as well if ya want. I log in everyday as well I started last month I can only do 12 to 26 minute workouts right now but I hope to be able to keep up as I progress. Good luck y'all I know you all can do it.
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think low-carb diet is very good for losing weight. But its just my experience.
  • nbalan2014
    nbalan2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im back to trying to lose weight and have tried everything from WW, Ideal Protein, 3 nutritionists, personal trainers etc etc. I have finally decided that they don't have the solution, and the "right" mix for weight loss is going to be my own drive and determination. I have friends who do Paleo and are skinny skinny, others just don't eat, smoke, drink, and mange to stay thin.. So I have boiled it down to whole foods and portion control. Just started so not sure how this will go. Good luck, I feel your pain.
  • TruScorpio169
    TruScorpio169 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.. I've been back on mfp a little over a month.. the first time around in 2013 I lost 40 lbs in 5 months and got stuck.. since then I gained the 40 lbs I lost back plus an additional 30 lbs putting me at my heaviest ever of 300 lbs its been really depressing for me but progress has been kinda slow.. it took 3 weeks for the scale to budge but I'm finally about 5 lbs down.. personally I'm going to be trying to military diet for 3 days just to give my weight loss a boost.. although many mfp members seem to be against this diet I did my research and I feel very comfortable trying it.. it's not like the master cleanse where you're depriving yourself of food.. you get to eat real food just portion controled!
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~PLEASE READ THIS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This isn't what you want to hear, but the moment you use the word "fast weight loss" red flags should go up everywhere. There is NO quick-fix. The only methods of losing weight abnormally fast will inevitably result in a damaged metabolic state as well as probable binge-eating and an eating disorder.

You've put on weight over the last decade. It's not going to be easy, and it's not going to happen in a week, but you can start now and before you know it you'll be closer and closer to a more healthy goal.

Please trust me when I say that a lot of us have been there. Even though we know weight-loss has to be a sustainable lifestyle change, everyone wants quick results and tries to take shortcuts. I was practically starving myself on 1100 calories at one point when I was 190 lbs doing 2 hours of cardio a day. It will burn you out and your body will fight you every step of the way.

You have to do this the right way.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You've got to take it one day at a time. With so much weight to lose, it should go relatively quickly at first as long as you stick with your calorie goal. It's hard to be patient, but you'll get there if you keep eating fewer calories than you burn each day.

Don't think of this a a way to get skinny, but as learning to be healthy. I'm about 100 lbs down from my highest ever weight. It's taken me several years to get here and I still am not at my goal. But I'm doing things I never thought were possible, and I know I have the ability to stay at a healthy weight for the rest of my life now. The time will pass no matter what the scale says. I like to mentally break up the time into the number of rent payments I'll be making. :lol: (It always seems like I've just paid my landlord when the new bill is due, and so it makes the time seem shorter.) Don't push yourself too hard because you don't want to burn out. We're here to support you!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~PLEASE READ THIS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This isn't what you want to hear, but the moment you use the word "fast weight loss" red flags should go up everywhere. There is NO quick-fix. The only methods of losing weight abnormally fast will inevitably result in a damaged metabolic state as well as probable binge-eating and an eating disorder.

You've put on weight over the last decade. It's not going to be easy, and it's not going to happen in a week, but you can start now and before you know it you'll be closer and closer to a more healthy goal.

Please trust me when I say that a lot of us have been there. Even though we know weight-loss has to be a sustainable lifestyle change, everyone wants quick results and tries to take shortcuts. I was practically starving myself on 1100 calories at one point when I was 190 lbs doing 2 hours of cardio a day. It will burn you out and your body will fight you every step of the way.

You have to do this the right way.

All this, yes. Do you want to lose the weight RIGHT NOW, or do you want to lose it forever? Option A will only result in you gaining the weight back once the "diet" is over; Option B involves learning how to live better and love yourself. Which would you rather try? Alas, "both" is not an option in this case.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Low carb means high protein (bad for kidneys) and high fat (bad for heart and liver)!
  • eyeslikemoons
    eyeslikemoons Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Consistency.

Eat healthy, move your body and track it all on here. Pictures helped me when the scale didn't. For me, weight likes to rest around my waist. When I was actively losing, it would drop from areas like my arms, legs, but never around my waist. It takes time. Patience and just keep working at it. I can't remember the quote exactly, but I always remind/tell myself that time is going to go by whether I work towards my goals or not. I can either spend the time going by anyhow improving what I am not happy with or not. Best wishes <3
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I started at 330lb and in 3 months have lost quite a bit but when very big it does tend to come off fast in beginning and then slow down. Sadly it will take time. With this much to lose it is a long journey , years rather than months but we will get there if keep going.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    without pills

Good, because pills don't work anyway.
    fast way to lose weight

It depends on what you mean by "fast." Enter your stats into MFP, set your goal for 2 lbs per week, and see where that gets you after a few weeks. There will be no way to "quickly" lose 150 lbs. That will take you around a year if you are doing it in a healthy way. But you will enjoy your progress each week as you continue to see the number drop on the scale and your clothes getting loose.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying low carb. Need to lose weight fast I'm 217 now and I have an event in 2 months and I just dont want to be worrying about how I look as always. it's alway 'oh you've put on weight!' and never 'wow!!! You look great!!'
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. I need to lose about 130 lbs. really around 100 to not be obese anymore but then the extra 30 to be back where i was 14 years ago. With me i have just gotten lazy about working out (used to workout all the time) and started eating bad things and even binging at times when i felt bad for feeling fat...viscous cycle. I was skinny most of my life except for the past 14 years and now i am obese. It is horrible and what i have discovered is fat shaming and judgment are very real. People treat you completely different when your fat.
    I have tried everything too....everything. I have tried WW, the HCG diet (omg the worst thing ever! screws up your metabolism completely), beachbody stuff (although i do love shakeology so much as it makes me feel great so plan on keeping that up as i do not eat enough veggies). I am also tired of trying to make myself eat loads of veggies when I hate them. I mean i do not hate them but I do like to have certain foods (comfort foods)....and I have noticed naturally thin people pretty much eat what they want but just in smaller portions. I even overeat heatlhy foods.
    I do not think there is any one program that will work for me. I have to just move more, eat less (even if it is mac and cheese i am eating although I do of course strive to eat healthier), and log everything. I have no idea why those 3 things are so hard for me to do....like it makes me mad at myself!
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    and my double chin is also killing my confidence too so i feel ya there, hate it.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I got double everything. big legs, big arms, I dont think I have a double chin though, but I would trade the size of my legs for a double chin anyday.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.. I've been back on mfp a little over a month.. the first time around in 2013 I lost 40 lbs in 5 months and got stuck.. since then I gained the 40 lbs I lost back plus an additional 30 lbs putting me at my heaviest ever of 300 lbs its been really depressing for me but progress has been kinda slow.. it took 3 weeks for the scale to budge but I'm finally about 5 lbs down.. personally I'm going to be trying to military diet for 3 days just to give my weight loss a boost.. although many mfp members seem to be against this diet I did my research and I feel very comfortable trying it.. it's not like the master cleanse where you're depriving yourself of food.. you get to eat real food just portion controled!

Girl sounds like we are in the same boat if you dont mind I will add you.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Fast weight loss is never a good ideal. It took me 2 years and 9 months to lose 121 pounds, but now I have been maintaining for 18 months, slow and steady always wins.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    No but there is a steady way to lose weight and its here. I had a huge beer gut and lots of chins. I was so focused on my gut reduction (50 lbs) that I really didn't look at my neck. It wasn't until someone pulled up with both of us in a car. Looking only at my face they said "wow, you have lost a lot of weight". Just remember that a slow steady deficit is the key and you can't target weight loss.