Battle of the bulge

Options
Hi! I have this love/hate relationship with food. I am finally exercising and trying to eat better.. Just hoping to conquer this demon.. The biggest I have ever weighed was 283.. I am now down to 258.. Any food advice would be great! I am a carb addict!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    I found that cutting carbs is the way to stop those cravings. It took me a long time to get to that conclusion - but it works. If I stay between 100-150g a day, my cravings are minimal. It was a battle for me, but it was the only way I could stick to my 1400 calories a day limit. If I ate too many carbs, it triggered eating more. Some people just have to watch what they eat, and I'm one of those people.

It's a process. Keep learning and keep moving. Log everything. Drink water. Be consistent.
  • deliapena8
    deliapena8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice @cmriverside .. My consistency is something I really need to work!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Time is the great leveler. Logging food is the first thing to get right, if you want to succeed. Just log all you eat, don't worry about going over or too many carbs or whatever little thing you tell yourself to prove that you can't do it.

Log.

Do that every day for a week or two. Just eat what you like. Make food notes, for instance - which food do you tend to eat the whole package? When you eat the whole package, what happened right before that which caused you to want to stuff your feelings down with food? Then, how do you feel about yourself after you eat the whole package? When I started seeing patterns, it became a lot easier. When I honestly looked at my nutrition and behavior I began to see ways to tweak things. It takes time, stick with it.

Welcome to the site.
  • justjennnnn
    justjennnnn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a carb fiend too and managed to reach my goal weight over a year and a half while fitting carbs into just about every day! MFP is awesome because it's sustainable!
  • deliapena8
    deliapena8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @jenkinsjenn ...congrats! That's so good! Can't wait until I can say that!