Good snacks

Options
Excluding fruit and yogurt I need a healthy granola bar. Are there any good ones out there?

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like boiled eggs, tuna on few crackers, find your own protein or snack bar-each of our needs are different so the one I like might not be your cup of tea- oh yeah and i love tea time- few and a few crackers in the afternoons
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Excluding fruit and yogurt I need a healthy granola bar. Are there any good ones out there?

Hard boiled eggs, protein shakes, protein pudding, quest chips
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You could also make your own granola bars but I don't know any recipes.

Nuts are great
    Bananas or apples stick with you too
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm really into cinnamon graham crackers right now
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    +1 on bananas and hard boiled eggs. I've been loving sliced green peppers too
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    There are no healthy granola bars. Even many protein bars deliver more carb than protein.

Porks rinds are pretty good. Cheese sticks, some beef jerkies are ok but many are surprisingly high carb fraction. Nuts are ok.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Why a granola bar? You just really like them and can't find one with the macro breakdown you want? I never understand these questions. Lots of snacks are healthy, and really any of them are within the context of a balanced diet. We have no idea of your calorie, macro, nutritional goals, or even taste.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    steamed edaname
  • pennstatealum2000
    pennstatealum2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, veggies with hummus
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Soups
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There are no healthy granola bars. Even many protein bars deliver more carb than protein.

Porks rinds are pretty good. Cheese sticks, some beef jerkies are ok but many are surprisingly high carb fraction. Nuts are ok.

Claims there's no healthy granola bars, then lists cheese and pork rinds as healthy snacks. Cringing so hard right now :|. Despite what Kevin Chang may have told you, apples and carbs aren't going to make you fat overnight.
  • lexykassan
    lexykassan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Larabars. They're "clean" in terms of ingredients and the flavors are amazing! Not true granola, mind you, but really great snacks.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Trader Joe's "Inner Peas". Solved the salty/crunchy cravings with something green.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    2 tbs of peanut butter and whey it satisfies craving and helps you hit your daily macros, other then that i keep cheerios or kix by my side for a quick dry snack
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    lexykassan wrote: »
    I'm partial to Larabars. They're "clean" in terms of ingredients and the flavors are amazing! Not true granola, mind you, but really great snacks.

Love these! They have a peanut butter cookie and peanut butter chocolate chip flavored options! Mmm...
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try Rise Honey Almond Whey bar. In my opinion, the best tasting protein bar ever. Really. If you haven’t tried it, you should.

20g of protein
    16 g of fat
    13 g of sugar

Ingredients: Almonds, honey, whey protein isolate.