Just want to say hello. I'm on my 5th week of MFP

Options
Hi everyone.
I'm on day 36 of using this app. To date I've lost 10 pounds. I've still a way to go and would ideally like to lose another 2 stones minimum. I weigh myself once a week and this week I was really disappointed as I hadn't lost a thing. My weigh day is a Saturday. I jumped on the scales again today just to do a double check to find to my horror that I had actually gained a pound. Based on my height etc my calorie allowance per day is 1200. I try to drink plenty of fluids a day. I'm on a whole host of Meds for various health conditions and work full time with a lengthy daily commute. I desperately do not want to have yet another summer draped in huge tops and wearing cardigans lol. Any support and advice would be welcome. Oh by the way I am a vegetarian who does not like salads lol. Lovely to meet all fellow fitness pal travellers on here. ☺ Sam.

Replies

• Richard_DeLancey
    Richard_DeLancey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep going.. I have been at it for about 70 days, some weeks I lose nothing and other weeks I lose 3 lbs.. Keep focused you can do it!!
  • davidbur
    davidbur Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use MFP mainly to help me maintain my weight. I lost 50 pounds several years ago and this site has truly helped me to keep it off. You are doing VERY well!!! Hang in there and keep up the good work.
  • MarcLevetti
    MarcLevetti Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello Sam, first of all congratulations on losing 10 pounds ( 9 now I guess but seriously in just a month :open_mouth: you go girl ! ) I also just joined , a 1200 diet is pretty good but I do no know how many times do you workout so I can help please tell us more informations and welcome.

Marc Levetti

[edited by MFP Moderator]
  • sammyn22
    sammyn22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think this app is brilliant. It's like everything else we want immediate gratification. Eat healthily for one day and expect to be slinky lol
  • sammyn22
    Options
    Hi Marc to be honest I have a fitbit and try to do 10000 steps every day which isn't always easy given I'm out of the house from 8am until at least 7pm every night with work. I try to move around as much as I can in the office and go for a fast walk at lunch time and take meals home cooked I can heat up so I know what's in them. My next plan is to start doing a yoga dvd after work in an evening. My problem is I struggle to do really aerobic exercise as I have a condition called erythromelalgia in my feet which triggers with exercise along with restless legs. However I also have fibromyalgia which would benefit from exercise so I think yoga would be good. I also plan to go swimming once I have lost weight. I darent at the minute as greenpeace would keep trying to rescue me ☺☺
  • lexykassan
    lexykassan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We all hit plateaus now and again. A one pound weight fluctuation is not the end of the world. It's normal for your weight to bounce around a bit. Everything from sodium intake to the time of the month can effect it. If you're super-worried about it and are already staying within your calorie guidelines, try adding a little more activity. Even 15-20 minutes of walking more than you normally would can help break a plateau.

Best of luck. We're all cheering for you!

~Lexy~
  • sammyn22
    Options
    Awwww thanks Lexy. That's lovely. We will all cheer each other on.
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    Just remember to keep taking baby steps...all of those small changes you are making really add up! You can so this!!!
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    LOL, you made my night when i read "Oh by the way I am a vegetarian who does not like salads" that's a tough 1. i wouldn't worry about the pound especially if your sticking to your diet could be the clothes you were wearing or the amount of water you had drank. i usually drink 2-3 gal a day :neutral: but keep up the good work minor set backs for major comebacks!
  • schwenkler22
    schwenkler22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've let minor setbacks turn into major setbacks because I got discouraged. don't fret over the pound, like someone else previously said it can fluctuate based on a number of factors. when you put clothes on do they feel any different? do you physically feel better without those 10 pounds, you'll stand to feel even better if you stick with it and don't give up. you got this, keep on keepin' on. one day, one meal, one choice at a time!
    <3 Anna
  • sammyn22
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add at the beginning I'm 41 years of age. The 22 bit of my username corresponds to date of birth stuff lol.
    Thanks for all your responses. And reading all your responses. Oh my word. What amazing weight loss you are all achieving
  • sammyn22
    Options
    LOL, you made my night when i read "Oh by the way I am a vegetarian who does not like salads" that's a tough 1. i wouldn't worry about the pound especially if your sticking to your diet could be the clothes you were wearing or the amount of water you had drank. i usually drink 2-3 gal a day :neutral: but keep up the good work minor set backs for major comebacks!

Glad I could make you smile ☺
  • Fernando618G
    Options
    sammyn22 wrote: »

Glad I could make you smile ☺

its a tough job someone has to do it :)o:)

• timony
    timony Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too! Trying to find new ways to eat veggies because salads are a bore!
  • Fernando618G
    Options
    if i could get some recipes out of you too for veggies i would appreciate it
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have made a great start, weight can fluctuate quite a bit (for me sodium is a killer - one salty meal and I am up again :/ Whilst I am not vegetarian at the moment I have had times when I have been vegetarian and three of four of my adult kids are vegetarian. I think vegetarian meals are amazing, so much variety, more than salads (altho I like them too). Your posts made me laugh, happy to be your friend if you need some more :-)