High potassium, low calorie foods?

Having a hard time reaching 3,500 mg of potassium a day.
I know I can take a supplement but I'd rather at least try to get potassium from whole foods.
(I also, don't eat any dairy, meats, or eggs).

What foods do y'all eat to reach your potassium goal?

Replies

• Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Vitamin water zero fruit punch flavor has wayyyy more potassium in it than any food. It is zero calorie too and in the organic section. That's what I drink to keep my potassium up. If it gets too low, I get cramps in my legs.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Careful, I started taking some additional potassium and my heartrate went off the charts. Add additional potassium slowly.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Low sodium v-8 and skim milk are my go-to's.
    Supplements for potassium can be extremely dangerous.

Note: My skim milk did not show potassium.
    Same for many foods in the database (many beans).
    If it is not listed on the label, there is no way anyone can input it accurately.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,082 Member
    The potassium number here are MFP is of no value. I would be very surprised if you are not reaching and exceeding your potassium goal, but since it is not required on nutrition labels most do not include it. That means it is not in the database since it was not available. An example would be the spinach package I purchased. Spinach is high in potassium, but the nutrition information label on the bag did not list potassium which is obviously not reflecting reality. Since the amounts of potassium in database entries here is based on nutrition labels it means the number you get is far less than you are actually getting. Unless you have been tested and found low in potassium, the number here means nothing.