I hate diet and exercise

Options
I never weigh myself. I only go by my clothes but when my wedding ring got too tight and I hit the big 4-0, I decided to get serious. I'm on day 6 and so far so good but I'm not going to deny that not eating that cheeseburger really sucks. Anyone else feel my pain?

Replies

• francois_
    francois_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Melissa, for long term success, you can't totally eliminate foods you enjoy. Yes, you can have that cheeseburger, but not every day...much less frequent....say, twice a month. And instead of having a triple cheese with bacon and the works, you can have a single.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger for lunch today, made it at home for about a fourth of the calories. Eating healthy, losing weight and learning to make all your favorite foods with fewer calories is fun and challenging. It's all in the attitude. Day 6 is great, keep it up!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    francois_ wrote: »
    Melissa, for long term success, you can't totally eliminate foods you enjoy. Yes, you can have that cheeseburger, but not every day...much less frequent....say, twice a month. And instead of having a triple cheese with bacon and the works, you can have a single.

This^

A diet with temporary changes won't help you during maintenance. You won't be able to eat cheeseburgers as "usual." To keep the weight off you need to find a middle ground.

My exercise is the thing that I can see doing forever. It's not a strenuous as many people here, but I know that I can continue even when I get to goal. Keep looking for something active until you find something you like.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sucks. Count the calories and start with the basics of just hitting that goal. Let the details fill in over time, but don't expect the perfect macro balance overnight. Baby steps.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I had a couple squares of Ghirardelli dark chocolate just now for dessert. You can have your treats now and then as long as you log everything and stay under your caloric goal -- you need to be honest with yourself. And "treat" means you're probably not going to be having that cheeseburger every day.

Success doesn't mean an exercise program, either. I walk, but that's about it for now. My doctor suggested focusing on the weight loss rather than on the exercise right now.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    what is this about not having a cheese burger? Girl get in that kitchen and cook yourself a burger tomorrow, jeepers, lol.. if it fits into your daily calories, enjoy it.
    true statement

• PlaceboFX
    PlaceboFX Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I second everything everyone else has said so far about not depriving yourself. But something else I'd like to mention is that your cravings will slowly go away. I was a HARDCORE junk food junkie. Craved it all the time. After a couple months of significantly cutting back, those cravings are pretty much gone. Stick with it. It gets easier.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    and you dont need to exercise to lose weight, but, some form is good for overall health. walking, yoga, dancing, bike riding, find something you enjoy doing and dont call it exercise. ETA: that way you won't hate "exercising"