Tall girl weight loss struggle!!

Options
I'm 5'10 and I've always struggled with my weight because I just never see the results I am expecting. You know how short/petite ladies will post about losing 20lbs and four dress sizes. I'm like huh?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why are you struggling? Short girl here, weight loss is weight loss.
  • drcrusher
    drcrusher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep yep, I'm 5'9". To the previous poster -- 20lb loss on a tall person just doesn't look as noticeable as it would on a petite lady! To the OP -- at least it means weight gain is not so noticeable! But I get the struggle. Hard to stay motivated when you know it's going to take 40lb to see a real difference!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I have to say that even though we have to lose more to make it noticeable, we can carry more weight before people notice. We also have a naturally higher calorie burn thanks to our height. A short girl eating 1200 calorie might lose a pound per week if she's lucky where as tall women could lose a pound per week at 1600-1800 calories. I really do think we have an advantage.
  • Journey2Lose75lbs
    Journey2Lose75lbs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I understand, lol -- I'm 5'11... Don't focus on the weight, count up the inches... Measure your thighs, arms, bust, and waist... You'll see your loss there!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I am the short girl, 5'4 barely, at least you aren't called short and dumpy. Tall people look better in their clothes. Yes when we shorties lose 20 lbs it looks like a lot because there is not much of us. We look round as we are tall. Tall girls can weigh more and look better in their clothes! Anyway, this weight thing is hard for us all that is for sure

• MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'10" and we definitely hide weight gain to the eye, but I always see it in how my clothes fit. I've lost 25# and down almost two sizes in pants...
    12 still feel snug, 14's feeling loose.