I feel like giving up /:

Is there anyone I could talk to about losing weight?

Replies

• tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    don't give up! stick around and learn from others on this forum.
  • youknowthescore
    youknowthescore Posts: 2 Member
    I've literally just downloaded this app after looking at myself in my underwear in bed and not being comfortable in my skin. I have two options (and you have the same), I can get up, do something about it and make myself happy or I can do nothing and get a grip.
    The motivation is the toughest part. But when you see results you won't even need to find the motivation.
  • Sleepyscribbler
    Sleepyscribbler Posts: 20 Member
    First: don't give up. Second: why do you feel you want to?
    Once you're clear about exactly, in detail, why you want to give up you'll be able to see what you have to tackle so you don't feel that way.
    As an example, if your inner critic is telling you you'll never stick to a diet, you don't have to commit to sticking to one. You just have to decide, each day, whether you'll give it a go for that day or not. Then you only have to stick to it for that day if you choose to. Then the next day you get to decide all over again. Some days you might decide you can't or don't want to. It doesn't matter, as long as you keep asking yourself, every day, if you want to give it a try for that day. Because every day you do try is a day with fewer calories. And even if you can't commit to every day, all those days you do commit to can add up. And you may find, this way, you feel you can commit to more days — because it really is just for a day, one at a time — because it's not nearly as scary as thinking you've *got* to stick to it every day or you're a failure in some way if you don't. You're not a failure if you choose some days you don't want the hassle, or whatever. Once you can free yourself of the pressure of 'ought to' and replace it with 'choose to' I bet you'll find you can choose more commitment days than you currently think you will. (This is different from those 5:2 diets where you set a limit to your 'days off'. This way there's no limit, so no pressure.) Just know that the more days you chose, freely chose, to commit to your diet, the more and faster you'll lose weight, but every single one of those days is a step in the direction that, deep down, you know you really want to go.