Trouble meeting calorie goal....

Options
So I'm having trouble on a daily basis meeting my calorie goal MFP has set for me. I currently weigh 250, and my initial goal is 150, so 100 pounds to go. MFP has set my calorie goal for one day at 2060. That's not that horrible, saying as how they say a balanced diet is 2000. I consistently have issues meeting my daily goal, but I feel like I eat constantly. Is this hindering my weight-loss? I feel that if I'm satisfied on a daily basis, then that should be good enough.

Replies

• Kelseygirl87
    Kelseygirl87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the daily calorie intake is more a standard to set to be more mindful of what you're consuming. If you're eating healthy filling foods, and don't feel starved, then I see no harm in being under.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    How much under your daily calorie goal are you? Are you getting enough fruits and veggies for macro-nutrients? Maybe try a little calorie-dense foods like avocado, cheese, nuts/nut butter.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Another frame of reference is macro minimums:

Protein: 0.8g (0.6g to 1.0g) per pound body weight
    Fat: 0.35g per pound body weight
    Carbohydrate: 50g, 25g fiber

As long as you are eating these minimums, it's probably ok if you are under goal at your current stage of the game.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I just eat a Mars bar or some cheesecake (for example) if I'm too far under.

I'm not on a diet. I'm just trying to eat less than I burn. I have no health issues.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    is your diet filled of calorically dense food or on a bunny diet trying to fill 2000 cals with green leaves, steamed veggies and similar?
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I second ahoy... If you're meeting baseline nutrient requirements, it's probably fine. You have a lot to lose. I personally wouldn't load up on stuff like cheesecake just to hit an arbitrary number if I weren't hungry at that current weight.
    Make sure you are weighing/measuring correctly. Sometimes new more nutrient & fiber dense food choices feel overly satiating. You'll adjust. Also there's that diet 'honeymoon' phase when we're all revved up & almost over compliant. This too shall pass, LOL
    I look at nutrients/macros day to day and keep a weekly calorie goal in mind. My daily calories drift up and down. It hasn't been a problem. xo
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Your body will tell you if you go too far into deficit! I have trouble eating enough on my longest hiking days, like 14 or 15 miles & lots of climbing. I just can't pack or sit and eat enough on those days. I usually require a fourth meal the following day, either an extra breakfast or an extra lunch.
  • chelbug901
    chelbug901 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of nutrient dense foods, fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, etc. I am not too worried about it, I don't think I've given my diet and exercise enough time to show results. I will see in a few weeks time.:)