The best advice I could give anyone starting out (with a few images)

Options
2»

Replies

• abbietaylor1
    abbietaylor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fantastic advice - thank you!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Nice work.

On 2, I don't completely agree. Some people like to work out that way, others don't. As for actually losing weight, cardio will burn more calories. I lift with rest periods to maximize strenght gains. I then go get my cardio done, and for that I generally do a mix of steady state jogging and sprints. I also walk, backpack, work on a heavy bag, bike, etc. The only real key on this line item is to do strength training to minimize muscle loss (and perhaps even gain some depending on the individual and training intensity).

On 5, it will vary with the individual but if it worked for you, fatastic. Meal timing itself doesn't really matter, but I don't think you were going there.

Overall, damn fine list!

Edit: my usual typos

Thanks for the feedback, take point 5 lightly as you're right. It does depend on individual requirements.

Strength training is an excellent way to burn fat if done with short rest and as you pointed out, preserves muscle tissue.

Thanks for the feedback though really appreciated
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love fruits in my smoothies but sugar is sugar. Lately I've been replacing the fruit with pumpkin purée. Much less sugar but still gives that hint of sweetness and adds a nice creamy consistency. Make sure you use one where the only ingredient is pumpkin. Cheers!
  • aarenrogers
    aarenrogers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow you look truly amazing thanks for the advice
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Good luck with the last 5lbs and have fun on your trip. THANK YOU for sharing your success/tips/ideas/etc. @robs_ready
  • Feeepers
    Feeepers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just the motivation I needed. Thanks for sharing.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Very sensible advice thanks for sharing.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »
    Nice work.

On 2, I don't completely agree. Some people like to work out that way, others don't. As for actually losing weight, cardio will burn more calories. I lift with rest periods to maximize strenght gains. I then go get my cardio done, and for that I generally do a mix of steady state jogging and sprints. I also walk, backpack, work on a heavy bag, bike, etc. The only real key on this line item is to do strength training to minimize muscle loss (and perhaps even gain some depending on the individual and training intensity).

On 5, it will vary with the individual but if it worked for you, fatastic. Meal timing itself doesn't really matter, but I don't think you were going there.

Overall, damn fine list!

Thanks for the feedback, take point 5 lightly as you're right. It does depend on individual requirements.

Strength training is an excellent way to burn fat if done with short rest and as you pointed out, preserves muscle tissue.

So, out of curiosity, a variation of metabolic resistance training - something like circuit training with resistance/cardio intervals? I find such routines work very well, at least for me.
  • robs_ready
    Options
    Nice work.

Overall, damn fine list!

So, out of curiosity, a variation of metabolic resistance training - something like circuit training with resistance/cardio intervals? I find such routines work very well, at least for me.

Yeah exactly, anything that works muscle groups and increases the heart rate. It's not for everyone but it yields best results.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Nice work.

Overall, damn fine list!

Yeah exactly, anything that works muscle groups and increases the heart rate. It's not for everyone but it yields best results.

Absolutely.
    Also, great list. Cheers on reaching your goals!
  • robs_ready
    Options
    Nice work.

Overall, damn fine list!

Absolutely.
    Also, great list. Cheers on reaching your goals!

Thanks best of luck!
  • robs_ready
    Options
    Gonna add sleep to the list.

Sleep is very important for appetite control.

Best of luck everyone!