lose weight and eat unhealthy?

Options
Ever since I gave birth to my son over a year ago, I've been struggling to lose the last 5 pounds to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm working out, have had my hormones checked, and tried endless numbers of diets in which I always yo-yo back and forth on the weight scale. I've been reading a lot on this forum regarding calories in and calories out. It made me remember my success in the past with this, but I need to ask this question:

If weight loss is as simple as CICO, technically could I eat KFC and pizza (under my daily quota of calories of course) and still lose weight? I find that with all these other diets which make you snack throughout the day, I end up eating a lot more. If someone could help me out in regards to this question I would appreciate it

Replies

• fitjaykal
    fitjaykal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I think it's all comes down to CICO and being conscious of your activity level, and some patience...but at some point when being on a calories deficit and still not loosing weight loss I think one might consider intermittent fasting (you can look up the hodgetwins on YouTube to learn more about it..) or just watching your macros (example: just enough carbs to get you going...., trying low carbs for about 5 days then raising them back up right after.....)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Yeah you could. If you can fit in treats within your allowances, it's not going to hinder your weight loss. Just make sure you're meeting your nutrient goals too.
  • Bailey_97
    Bailey_97 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Technically yes you could. As long as you're eating less calories than you're burning the calories you eat could be entirely chocolate or what have you. It's not healthy and you probably won't feel great but you will lose weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    CICO for weight.

Also things in moderation for good health.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    CICO for weight.

Also things in moderation for good health.

This. Nothing wrong with KFC, pizza or any other food. Just focus on staying within your calorie parameters and eating a varied diet.
  • reema009
    reema009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If I ate KFC and pizza in the same day, if likely be rather hungry trying to stay in my goals. However, if I know I'm having pizza, I prelog my day and try to pack the rest of my day with lean protein and veggies to keep myself full and to help me hit my macros.

I may also throw in an extra workout that week. If I'm 200 calories one day, I'll have 100 calories less the next two days.

All of these have helped me to lose weight while still eating food I enjoy.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I could see how with pizza you could get full on it if you had it for dinner, and could stay within your calories. But something like KFC, you might end up eating lots of calories on very little and then getting hungry later on and finding out that you have run out of calories.

That's just me though - when I went to McDonald's, I would usually eat a lot more later on because I got hungry.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    reema009 wrote: »
    Ever since I gave birth to my son over a year ago, I've been struggling to lose the last 5 pounds to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm working out, have had my hormones checked, and tried endless numbers of diets in which I always yo-yo back and forth on the weight scale. I've been reading a lot on this forum regarding calories in and calories out. It made me remember my success in the past with this, but I need to ask this question:

If weight loss is as simple as CICO, technically could I eat KFC and pizza (under my daily quota of calories of course) and still lose weight? I find that with all these other diets which make you snack throughout the day, I end up eating a lot more. If someone could help me out in regards to this question I would appreciate it

The bolded isn't necessary OP. Different people are happy with different eating patterns. Some only want to eat a couple of times a day and have big meals, some eat a little all day long. Just depends on what helps you manage hunger and stay within a deficit.