good low carb meals with lots protien plz

Options
looking for a meal ideas with low carbs around 20grams or less and and 30 plus grams of protien and max 8 gs fat
and the meal only being around 500 cals

any ideas thanks

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a big hunk of seasoned meat with a teeny bit of vegetables to me.
  • mrman44445
    mrman44445 Posts: 20
    Options
    yeah i ment to add fast meals that dont take much prep haha
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Couple cans of tuna, hard boiled egg, green beans and lettuce. Toss with a [light] vinaigrette... or just lemon juice and dill.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    OK...how about big hunk of seasoned chicken on the George Foreman grill with some Steamfresh microwave veggies? Takes about 15 minutes, and the only prep is deciding which seasonings to put on the chicken. :flowerforyou:
  • mrman44445
    Options
    yeah i never realized how many carbs i was taking in and how little i need and how hard it is unless you love tuna haha
  • kranstar
    kranstar Posts: 10
    Options
    Here's a good list to start. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/highproteinfood.htm
    Just watch out for the saturated fat (that's the kind that raises bad cholesterol), which is found in a lot of protein-rich foods like meat and dairy. Cheese has a lot of saturated fat. To be safe, go with non- or low-fat dairy. Greek yogurt and non-fat cottage cheese are good sources of protein (but plain yogurt is not). It's best to choose lean meats (turkey is the leanest). If you buy pork or beef, go with the lean cuts (the fat content is usually listed on the package). Unsalted almonds make a great protein-rich snack. Have fun!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Not sure if these qualify as exactly the grams you are asking for...it depends on how much of each item you use I guess. But here goes...I like to make a stirfry with lots of frozen veggies, chicken or shrimp, sesame oil, low sodium soy sauce, and shirataki noodles(practically calorie free noodles)...lots of food, quick to make, and not many calories or carbs. I also like to make alot of salads with veggies, meat, nuts or beans, etc....just watch the dressings which can add lots of calories and carbs. Hope this helps...Good Luck!
  • mrman44445
    Options
    thanks guys this is my first time on a message board form thing so i dont know when someone posts something on it but thanks for the info