Yet another attempt at normal weight/eating

Options
A year ago I started using this app because I needed to lose weight so I could have lap band surgery. I played with it but became serious about tracking everything I ate and what I walked in July 2015. I am morbidly obese according to all of the charts and suffer with hip pain. From July to October I lost 28 pounds! Qualified for weight loss surgery.....and chickened out. I thought I finally had my weight and eating under control so why risk surgery. Well as always my stressful life and bad habits came back and I gained back that weight plus 8! A lot has changed for me these last few months. I've left my career and job, a young friend of my sons (age 19) passed away with a freak aneurysm , the hip pain has re-surfaced with full force (among other lovely unmentionables about being fat) and I've noticed I'm ducking out of things , things with my daughter , social events, because I am physically awkward with my size and emotionally embarrassed. So, I re downloaded this app yesterday and have started tracking today. My goal this week is to get my steps in daily, try to go on a 15 minute walk 3 times this week and track what I eat. Not trying to diet this week, just try to see how much I eat and get a reality check about it. If you're still reading ....thanks!

Replies