Curious

Options
Has anyone tried weight watchers?? How does it work and did it help?

Replies

• marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I hear the best use of it is the weekly meetings which help keep you motivated. The whole converting calories to points is apparantly how they can sort of justify the price for the membership. If you need interactive support to help keep you motivated its probably a good idea. If you can keep motivated by seeing results and using the community/forum aswell as the social media aspect when adding friends then you're probably better off saving the money and making sure you weigh your food and accurately log your calories and exercise the best you can. People here can help you if you are struggling if you do those things correctly.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have friends who like the meetings. They do motivate some people, really well.

The points system though, I don't think it makes sense anymore. It was invented before smart phones, when keeping track of calories would have to be in your head or a pad of paper- what a pain in the butt. Compared to that, the points system is really easy.

Now that there's MFP and smartphones to track all of your food with, easily and quickly, I think the points system is outdated.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is a con. Avoid at all costs...
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    You can skip the hassle and costs, and just do MFP for free.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did it before and was successful (post-baby, lost 50 lbs). But the weight crept back of course and I've since realized that doing it for free with MFP or other calorie counting sites is just as effective (if not more).