Current diet?

Options
I wanna hear what you guys are currently doing diet wise. How is it working?

Replies

• drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating a ketogenic diet (50g< carbs a day) just to try it. Been on it for a little over a month now and probably going to go one more month before I decide if I want to cycle carbs back in on weekends.

So far, I like the diet. It's a little difficult if I go out with friends to eat, but other than that I'm doing well on it.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, just less of it. It's been working pretty well for me. 3 years of maintenance down, 40ish more years to go :)
  • assetrecoverygroupllc1
    Options
    Awesome
  • assetrecoverygroupllc1
    Options
    I like a keto diet and carb cycling for photo shoots and appearances it is a easy way to maintain and fill out when needed.
  • TXMary2
    TXMary2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am Ketogenic - 2 years now and no carb cycling. I stick fairly close to 20g a day or less. Moderate protein, high fat to best control my blood sugar. T2D - no meds since May 2014. Never turning back.

[img][/img]before%20after%20collage_zpsqbcjdsdx.jpg

[img][/img]before%20after%20collage%202_zps3ziznp7k.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat a pretty well balanced diet that is made up largely of whole foods and minimally processed food items. I eat tons of veg and a couple servings of fruit daily along with plenty of whole grains, legumes, lentils, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. I also eat a lot of chicken and fish and some lean cuts of pork and beef. I also have some pizza now and then and I like to go out for fish 'n chips once in awhile, etc.
  • assetrecoverygroupllc1
    Options
    Mary you killed it!
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    I didn't do a diet, I changed my lifestyle.

You have a steadydiet, though, that is part of your lifestyle.

Diet can mean one of two things, either a sustained diet in your way of living or the more colloquial meaning of diet where people eat a certain way for a set length of time.

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting. In the 2,100-2,300 calorie range (TDEE is 2,700 to 2,800). Macro split of 35-40% carb, 25-30% fat and 30-35% protein.

• assetrecoverygroupllc1
    Options
    Looks like a decent split. I can't lean out until I get protein to 50 or better.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want...just staying in calorie range. Aim for CPF of 50/25/25. Worked well...down ver 40 lbs.
  • assetrecoverygroupllc1
    Options
    That's great!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic here. I stay at or below 25g total carbs. It's reversed my pre diabetes! Not a whole lot of weight loss going on right now, but tons of fat and inch loss.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Keto here too, but I do more moderate carbs so I stay closer to 35-45 net grams. I am ~3 month in so far. It was a rough start as I adjusted, but once that was through it works very well for me and I can stay well into Ketosis this way. So not everyone needs to go super low on carbs. I focus on eating whole fresh foods and eliminating processed foods as much as possible. I feel great, the weight is coming off, love the food, I get plenty of good nutrients, and my hunger is so under control I don't think about snacking much at all.

A few weeks ago I also added the 16:8 intermittent fasting, which made a great adjustment as I now have two larger meals instead of 3 smaller. Since I have no appetite in the mornings anymore (my blood sugar is so stable now!) it's pretty effortless to do.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Basically, I eat what I want without giving in to thethe the potato chip cravings. My diet ends up largely vegetarian, mostly because I simply LIKE beans of all sorts. I am making an effort to add some lean meat though to be sure I get enough protein. Oh, and I am low sodium out of necessity.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time. In theory, I eat all the things, but in practice I consider if the food I want is going to make me feel full, satisfied and happy, or hungry, craving and anxious. This leads "by default" to eating mostly home cooked food made from single food ingredients, balanced and portioned out into meals. Every week I eat a lot of different fruits, vegetables, grains, full fat meat and dairy, fish, shellfish, nuts and seeds, some butter and oil, sometimes eggs.

It's working phenomenally. I lost 50 pounds in a little over a year and have been keeping them off for 17 months now.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I came here from Weight Watchers. Doing both this and that together currently but I like this site better. I weigh and measure all of my foods, get some type of cardio exercise in at least every other day if not daily for at least 30 minutes to an hour. I also eat a lot of what I like but just make sure to eat correct portion sizes. I also cut out fast food.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome changes. I bet you feel so much better.

TXMary2 wrote: »
    I am Ketogenic - 2 years now and no carb cycling. I stick fairly close to 20g a day or less. Moderate protein, high fat to best control my blood sugar. T2D - no meds since May 2014. Never turning back.

[img][/img]before%20after%20collage_zpsqbcjdsdx.jpg

[img][/img]before%20after%20collage%202_zps3ziznp7k.jpg

• RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have transitioned to mostly whole foods: meats, fresh veggies and fruits, nuts, whole eggs, raw dairy with occasional whole grained, home baked breads.
    I lost my desire for most processed foods - too sweet and/or salty but remember craving General Tso Chicken which is fried chicken nuggets soaked in molasses and soy sauce. Yummy...NOT!

My health and taste in foods transformed.