Turbo Fire, P90X, or Insanity?

Options
I am really looking to up my game here, but I don't want to be too overwhelmed! Does anyone have any suggestions as to which program is best between Tubro Fire, P90X, or Insanity? Any and all input greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

SW: 202
CW: 162
GW: 135-140

Replies

• lylacupcake
    Options
    I've heard that Insanity gives you quicker results, but shorter-term, p90X has longer lasting results, and a much more manageable workout plan.
    Not sure about Turbo Fire...
    I'd actually suggest Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and P90X.
    Good luck! :D
  • Grimlock1030
    Options
    INSANITY is crazy. You need no extra equipment, only your body. Right now I'm doing p90x and insanity, but I would go for the insanity.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Depends what your goals are.

Turbo Fire and Insnaity are cardio workouts. P90X is a more comprehensive program combining cardio, resistrance training and stretching/Yoga.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    INSANITY! It is a great workout.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ALL THE ABOVE! Seriously I started with TurboFire and now I'm doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had no results with Insanity. I did not skip any workouts, finished the entire program, and worked hard with no slacking off. I've also done P90x and had great results with that one. The only down fall is needing a chin up bar. Other than that, it's great!
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I bought Insanity, its boring really hard and takes forever. Plus i was practically a cripple after 6 weeks of jumping in place. 6 hours a week of exercise in front of your TV. Before you buy anything look at bodyrock.tv. Its free and you can take the workouts she posts each day and make them your own. I am getting abs where i didnt know they existed!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Turbo Fire to much yet so I can't comment on that. I have heard nothing but great things!

P90X is a nice balance between strength training and cardio. It's really fun and keeps things fresh. I can honestly say there is not 1 P90X workout I do not like!

Insanity is pure cardio. (It makes P90x's cardio look like a warm up) It's also more a lower body workout. It builds stamina and speed.

All 3 programs are great and you really can't go wrong with whatever you pick. It all just comes down to what your prefer. If you have any more questions feel free to send a message or a friends request.
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    I'd start out with p90x for best results then go to insanity...:) i lost 23 pounds so far on p90x :)
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i lost 25 with p90x, im doing a p90x/turbofire hybrid really not seeing results but the cardio in turbo is great havent tried insanity yet
  • hurleygurl58
    hurleygurl58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try out INSANITY, I have 20 lbs left to lose. I liked that you don't need any equipment. Just waiting on the dvd's now
  • krissybug72
    krissybug72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for 1 day. I was actually able to keep up with the DVD and was proud of myself. However, later that day I couldn't stand up straight and threw my lower back out. Be careful if you have any back or knee issues - it is not for you. There is a lot of jumping and twisting and turning that does not give your back or knees any support. Getting old stinks...LOL
  • richardegazaway
    Options
    It depends on what your lookinf for. Are you looking for a 60 or 90 day program ?