Stephanie....forgetfulness:-(

Options
stephanie322016
stephanie322016 Posts: 2 Member
Hi my name is Stephanie and I am horrible at recording my food/drink intake as I have a lot in life going on. But considering I've lost about 5 lbs or so & only gained 2.4 lbs back. I do stress a lot & I take a sleep medication that makes me wake hungry in the middle of the night :-(

Replies

• Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Might want to change that medication. Sleeping pills are supposed to make you sleep in the middle of the night.... not wake up and be hungry. As for recording food/drink...set reminders on your phone or pc.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    As I make food, I put the weights in a notebook, and later transfer that info into the computer.

If I don't have a bed time snack, I wake hungry in the middle of the night. I take melatonin. I don't believe there are any prescription meds that are meant to be taken long term. I know Ambien is not so meant.

Ambien is usually prescribed for no more than six weeks and recommended for shorter periods of time, if possible.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I take melatonin and diphenhydramine for sleep. I don't wake up hungry at any point during the night, but everyone reacts differently to medications. You could try having a glass of chocolate milk for your midnight snack. It's yummy and filling and it has nutrients that aren't in other common midnight snacks.