Gained after overcoming eating disorder, THEN gained during pregnancy!

Options
Anyone else in the same boat as I am? I gained 50 lbs after overcoming an eating disorder, then 3 years later had my daughter and gained 30 pounds with her!

Now, post pardum 3 months, it's time to get this fat ball rollin'!

Replies

• JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby! As a mother of three, I know how wonderful that is but also how much of a toll it takes on your body. It took me years to get the baby weight off, and it keeps trying to come back. Please consider joining my new group Accountable Daily Food Journal. That's what's helped me the most in losing weight.
  • kennkoll28
    kennkoll28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check it out!
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new little one!! :)

Well depending how much underweight you were with your ED 50lbs may just be what saved your life. I too gained nearly 50lbs after overcoming my ED and it put me in the normal bmi index. Now, I'm actually preparing TTC so I am trying to bring my weight down just so I can gain that 20-30lbs for baby and not be totally stressed out. I have thought a lot about after the pregnancy and getting the baby weight off and although I am not in your shoes just yet, I have thought about different plans to get back in shape and back to pre-pregnancy weight.
    1) Weigh and log religiously (I plan to BF so I will get with my dr on what a safe calorie intake would be as I'm pretty sure dieting is not good but maybe 200 calories less a day or something will do the trick) 2) Continue current habits (yoga, weight training and walking quite a bit) and creating new habits (get into running with baby in stroller and incorporate baby into various exercises.) 3) Set myself some small and realistic goals weight loss goals. If it took me 9 months to put on 30 pounds then it probably will take me 9 months to take it off. I am not in Hollywood, I don't have a big movie premiere in 6 weeks that I need to be back to pre-baby weight like the women of Hollywood do. I don't have a nanny, I don't have a housekeeper, I don't have a personal trainer, and I don't have a chef so just some things to keep in mind for any woman who doesn't have those benefits at her disposal but I would say particularly women who struggled with an ED as we seem a bit more critical of our bodies. Lastly, I want to enjoy my baby, I don't want to look back and have regrets that I worked out and obsessed with calories all day long vs enjoying my new little one. I wish you and your little one all the best.