Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

250 lbs to lose

I would love to get back down to the 180 lbs that I weighed in high school. I currently weigh 430 and while my family are awesome and want to help they don't eat the healthiest either. Live in Mill hall pa and looking for local people to help support me, go out walking with or anything really to help get rid of this excess weight. I am new to this, never used an app like this before so send me a message or comment however this works.

Replies

• Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Unfortunately I'm no where near you but my boyfriend is 370 pounds, down from 530 pounds, with a goal of 240 pounds. I want to wish you the best of luck with your journey and let me tell you great news about an unhealthy eating family.

You can eat all the same food they do.
    You need to buy a scale though and you need to measure everything out, keep it within your calorie goals.

A lot of people think in order to lose weight, you need to eat nothing but greens and fruits. While this helps tremendously, it's an unrealistic idea for a majority of the people who need to lose weight to just give up everything they love. This is what causes people to give up and revert back to old ways.
    So please, if you don't have one already, PLEASE buy yourself a food scale and PLEASE track every little thing that goes in your mouth. If you eat your recommended calories, you WILL lose weight. It's hard, especially after years and years of forming a habit.

Feel free to add me here and if you want, feel free to exchange numbers so you can reach me at any time for motivation, goals, failures, successes, anything.

Good luck and you got this!
  • dimitrariga84
    dimitrariga84 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello I don't close at all but as soon as I saw your goal, that immediately got my attention.

I wish you good luck, enjoy your journey to a new life, try to see your new self. Life is all up and down so remember to always get on your feet.

Even if nobody believes on you, you are the only one who needs to believe.

Keep us posted and I am sure people will try to support you.

Regards !