Fruits are killing my sugar allowance

Options
Fruits are throwing my sugar allowance out every day.

For example, this morning I ate a banana & apple for breakfast. I followed this up with a bowl of tomato & basil soup for my 10:30 meal ... my sugar level is already 8 grams over.

Is this correct and is it relevant given that the sugar is mostly fructose?

I consider sugar my mortal enemy so this bothers me a little.

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I don't personally track sugar for this reason. A lot of my friends on here also subtract any sugar that comes from fruit. Almost all of my sugar each day comes from fruit and just ignoring it hasn't hurt me, and I have lost 43 lbs in 3 months.
  • kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    The sugar in fruit is metabolized completely different than table sugar. It is bonded to fiber which in turn helps it not spike your blood sugar which causes the storage of fat. I have the same problem. Dont worry about it though nobody can get fat from eating fruit. White sugar and processed foods are the one's to stay away from.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    The sugar in fruit is metabolized completely different than table sugar. It is bonded to fiber which in turn helps it not spike your blood sugar which causes the storage of fat. I have the same problem. Dont worry about it though nobody can get fat from eating fruit. White sugar and processed foods are the one's to stay away from.

100% agree..fruit sugar will not harm you, fructose is metabolised differently...don't stop eating fruit on account of natural goodness!!
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new here and have noticed this. It is so annoying. I decided to ignore it. I'm not eating any refining white sugar so why should I worry about a handful of grapes.
  • broxi1979
    broxi1979 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks, that's kind of what I figured, I know that some health experts advise against eating a lot of grapes or oranges in particular but I don't over-do it anyway..