Lose 20-30 Lbs by the end of June!

Options
Hey all, I am nineteen years old and started out about two months ago at 217, i now weigh 195 and am going to lose 20-30 pounds by then end of June. I want to help everyone do this just as i would like everyone to help me as well! Loosing 20 pounds was because of eating less and eating (mostly) healthy. We can all do this together. So I think a good idea is to post workout tips , diet tips, and overall tips about what you are doing that is working for your weight loss journey. Ill start!

MY TIPS:
~Do NOT eat because you are bored
~eat smaller portions, many people fill their plate because they are really hungry. Not realizing that a small amount will fill them up. They only eat more then they need because it is sitting in front of them on a plate.
~I still have treats. Maybe if i cut out all treats I would be loosing more but, i feel i have lost 20 pounds at a realistic pace and i feel great. I have quite a ways to go but im going to do it.
~No late night snacking
~I only drink water which takes out the extra calories i was getting from sugar filled juices
~I weigh myself every morning which helps motivate me for the day

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    If your picture is you, I don't believe you. That is all. ;)
  • johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss! Do you accept friend requests? I hope to lose 25 pounds.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options

What do you not believe ?? lol
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    johanna306 wrote: »
    Amazing loss! Do you accept friend requests? I hope to lose 25 pounds.

Hey girl ! Please add me ! Lets do this together ! I work in a gym so i can give you some guidance and help and we can do this !!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Why no late night snacking? I can't sleep when I'm hungry and I will end up in a binge if I don't get my little snack before bed.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You didn't mention it but if I were you I'd buy a food scale and start measuring all the foods you eat. You'd be surprised at how very little is in a serving of anything. Same with measuring with cups and spoons. I used to guess on my red meat (I rarely eat it) and would be eating around 4-6 oz of a steak or burger and eating a lot of calories when 1-3 is the most I should eat in order to stay within my goals for the day so I just cut red meat out almost completely at this point. I prefer chicken, turkey and fish anyway. Either way, start measuring and I bet you will see a huge difference.

I also don't eat late at night. After 6pm I rarely snack unless I'm ravenous and usually I'm not because I spread my meals and snacks out during the day to where I stay pretty full and go to bed at a reasonable hour. You can gain weight eating right before laying down to sleep.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I wish I looked like you at 195 lbs! :heartbreak:
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    please update this thread and let us know how you did at the end of June.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

That this is you at 195 pounds. It's ok to use a picture of yourself at a lower weight as a motivator, but it can be confusing.

0d4ec2fe5b214c14abf289625bb2dc24efcf.jpg
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    This is my true weight and picture to date. The picture was taken on March 30th 2016. I am almost six ft maybe i should have mentioned that. A person that is 5'4 and a person that is 6 foot will look much different at the same weight.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    Why no late night snacking? I can't sleep when I'm hungry and I will end up in a binge if I don't get my little snack before bed.

Your body doesn't digest while you're sleeping like it does while you're awake !
    kshama2001 wrote: »

That this is you at 195 pounds. It's ok to use a picture of yourself at a lower weight as a motivator, but it can be confusing.

• AmandaJuneFit
    Options

Your body doesn't digest while you're sleeping like it does while you're awake !

Maybe I should upload a before and after picture !
  • LindseyBallo
    LindseyBallo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I definitely want in on this train!! Please let me know how I can be more active and participate more on MFP...I'm new onto this website and think that having a support system on here of other people working towards loving their healthy, happy bodies would be the best!!! Congrats on your weight loss...I hope to lose 30 pounds by August! But losing 10 lbs by June would be great!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Your body can digest when you're sleeping. The only reason to avoid late-night snacking is if it causes heartburn or something like that. But for those of us who aren't prone to heartburn or other discomfort when we eat later, we can eat right up until we fall asleep and still lose weight.
  • samikirkby2016
    samikirkby2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and around 175lbs and about the same size. Tall girls carry weight differently so I believe the photo. I'd happily be friends with you and we can motivate each other.
  • heldavi
    heldavi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im also on this train! I am 5'8" and a similar weight and need a goal.
    And yes the photo is believable - people carry weight differently and it may be muscle mass. I relate to you OP
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    Ive played hockey for 13 years so i do have some muscle hidden under all my fat lol ! I think by setting myself little goals along the way. My first goal was to get under 200 lbs. I NEVER believed in myself and it felt like it was taking forever to drop those first 10 pounds but after i did i just kept going and now im 20 pounds less. Ive got a long way to go but i know i can do it and so can all of you.
  • mitchell197247
    mitchell197247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wanna get in on this too please
  • AmandaJuneFit
    Options
    I wanna get in on this too please

Hey mitchell ! Inbox me and we can exchange fitness advice !!! I work at a gym so I have a few tips and pointers to help get any one started or motivate them !!!