SICK OF EGGS Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

Options
ELee0517
ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
I like eggs everyone once in a while but not every single stinking morning. Also, I don't necessarily have time to cook a warm breakfast every week day morning.

I need low carb breakfast ideas that are easy, no bake or able to be made a head of time, and preferably that DON'T include eggs!!

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Ahandful of nuts and a couple cheese sticks? Protein shake? Leftovers from dinner? It doesn't have to be 'breakfast foods' to be eaten in the morning!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon! Cook it on Sunday and eat it out of the fridge all week. Cold bacon is delicious.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love meatballs, burgers, or soup from my freezer.
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are my go to on the run breakfast. Prep as much as possible the night before and blend in the morning.

• nnwojnar
    nnwojnar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a protein smoothie every morning - they are versatile and you can put whatever fruit/milk you want in it. This is usually my go-to:

half a frozen banana (I freeze an entire bunch and they last for about 2 weeks)
    1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (I use So Delicious 5X Protein)
    1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
    1 cup of baby spinach (you don't taste this at all)
    3-4 ice cubes
    1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder

If I am feeling tired, I will also add in a half cup of coffee that I brewed the night before and stuck in the fridge.

When it comes down to it, the calories will range from 270-290, 18 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of fat, 30 grams of protein. This will fill me up for a few hours and then I have a small snack.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's dinner.
  • TheTagman
    TheTagman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for 30 days so I'm still loving my eggs!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Granola bar with 1 tbs peanut butter on top. Fills me up with my coffee and 1 tbs creamer.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I drink my breakfast most days. I was having a green smoothie often (Vega One protein shake is awesome). Lately I wanted something hot so I have been making a chocolate protein coffee in the blender, and it is good! 10 oz hot coffee, 1 1/2 oz heavy cream, 1 tablespoon cacao, 1 teaspoon Truvia, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder, 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen proteins. Blend it so it gets frothy. I use it to break my fast, as I have been doing the 16:8 intermittent fasting for the last few weeks too.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've come up with a nice shake that I use to down some major calories/protein/fat in the morning.

1 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
    3 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
    1 tbsp almond oil

Mix with water in a shaker bottle, enjoy.

I add 6 tbsp pasteurized egg whites to mine, though. I use this shake if I have a very busy morning/day. With the egg whites, it comes out to be about 800 calories, over 40g protein and a little over 40g fat.

Maybe something like this for you.
  • kak22283
    kak22283 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
  • julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A zillion years ago when I did Atkins, I would pan fry a bunch of hamburgers and then freeze them in single servings. Microwave for a minute and you have a quick high-protein breakfast, by itself, on lettuce, or on low-carb English muffin.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Banana chopped up with pepitas and raisins?
    I have eggs maybe on the weekend but I stick to fruit monday-friday

Not exactly Low Carb as per the OP's question.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I often will eat a tuna sandwich. I get the tuna that's in water, less calories. I either eat it on a low cal wheat bread or on flatbread that is low cal. I mix it with light mayo, mustard, diced dill pickles. I also eat carrot sticks on the side. The tuna can be made the night before. And if you don't want bread then you could eat it rolled up in lettuce or with a few crackers.
  • NikishaRichelle
    NikishaRichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the enemy as long as you eat the right ones. White pasta, bread and rice should be avoided but carbs from veggies and fruit are perfectly fine. If you do eat a "bad" carb just eat it with proton and fiber. The issue with carbs is how your body digests and processes them so as long as you have protein and fiber your fine.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    As opposed to cooking the eggs everyday, make them in advance on a sunday for the week. Throw some egg whites, peppers, onions in muffin tins and you can bring them with you to work. Beats the usual.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't know how many carbs you aim for at breakfast, but maybe:

Some low carb toast with natural peanut butter or avocado and bacon on the side.
    Greek yogurt with almonds and sugar free sweetener.
    Low carb wrap/tortilla with cheese and breakfast sausage melted together inside.
    Raspberries with a bit of heavy cream, toasted nuts, and sweetener.
    Sliced avocado dressed with a bit of hot sauce and a bit of fried ham or bacon.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ELee0517 wrote: »
    I like eggs everyone once in a while but not every single stinking morning. Also, I don't necessarily have time to cook a warm breakfast every week day morning.

I need low carb breakfast ideas that are easy, no bake or able to be made a head of time, and preferably that DON'T include eggs!!

One morning I had some pork chop with cabbage because I wasn't in the mood for eggs (that doesn't happen often). If you can have breakfast for dinner, there's nothing wrong with dinner for breakfast. The only thing I couldn't see myself eating at 8 in the morning is a salad.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    drwilseyjr wrote: »
    I've come up with a nice shake that I use to down some major calories/protein/fat in the morning.

1 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
    3 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
    1 tbsp almond oil

Mix with water in a shaker bottle, enjoy.

I add 6 tbsp pasteurized egg whites to mine, though. I use this shake if I have a very busy morning/day. With the egg whites, it comes out to be about 800 calories, over 40g protein and a little over 40g fat.

Maybe something like this for you.

This but I only do 1 tbs of peanut butter, no oil, and 1.5-2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond /cashew milk. Depending on the protein powder you're looking at only 250 calories/5 carbs/7 fat/protein varies