myfitnesspal Premium? Is it worth purchasing?

Options
I am wondering if anyone is using the Premium version of Myfitnesspal. Is it worth it to add?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on which features of Premium you want -- which ones interest you?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    not until the database is cleaned up and only allows for USDA entries...that's what I am waiting for anyway.
  • caurinus
    caurinus Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I shelled out $50 for the year but I wouldn't do it again. I don't really use any of the premium features, and I don't mind seeing the ads. I might do it for $12 or $15 per year if they add some new premium feature that I really really want, but as of now I'm feeling a little burned. So when my premium subscription runs out I'll probably just stay on the free version as long as possible.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    not until the database is cleaned up and only allows for USDA entries...that's what I am waiting for anyway.

Ya, I'd pay for Premium if the database were cleaned up, system entries stopped breaking, and the recipe builder had accurate matching algorithms. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10014325/updated-recipe-tool-feedback/p29

I use https://adblockplus.org and don't see ads.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Tried it, could take it or leave it. I'm waiting for the database to get cleaned up too. :/
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Tried it, could take it or leave it. I'm waiting for the database to get cleaned up too. :/

Don't hold your breath. Right now they are focusing on the important things, like changing curse words to "kitten" instead of asterisks.
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options

Don't hold your breath. Right now they are focusing on the important things, like changing curse words to "kitten" instead of asterisks.

Of course. Priorities.
  • marsia1234
    marsia1234 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I find it useful for tracking macros but not sure if it's worth the €49?! Then again now that I have it don't know if I could go back..!
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's kind of sad, because this app had helped me a lot so I feel it wouldn't be a bad thing to support it financially, but MFP premium is too much money for too little in return.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I find its worth it between the additional food analysis/macro breakdownsand no ads.

Too bad they didnt have a cheaper option to just remove ads though I think a lot of people would go for that if they didn't want the other premium features.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Of course. Priorities.

sorry, I had to try it.
    it doesnt work, dang it. lol
  • gregh74
    gregh74 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the feedback. I really can't justify paying that much for no ads or more macro info.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had a 30 day free trial of Premium and the only cool thing imo was no ads (which I would never pay for honestly), and that you can set your macros goal by gram or percent. Without premium you can only change your macro goals in 5% increments.

It was nice I guess but not nice enough to pay for.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    powered85 wrote: »
    I find its worth it between the additional food analysis/macro breakdownsand no ads.

Too bad they didnt have a cheaper option to just remove ads though I think a lot of people would go for that if they didn't want the other premium features.

https://adblockplus.org is free!
  • GreenIceFloes
    Options

Of course. Priorities.

sorry, I had to try it.
    it doesnt work, dang it. lol

It really should be a thing, now that I think about it.

I kitten hate burpies! :angry:
  • HillSlug98239
    HillSlug98239 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use it to track my saturated fat intake. My doctor has told me to not worry about overall fat intake, but to keep my saturated fat intake below 10% of total calories. I can figure it out by going through each individual item, but that's pretty tedious.

I don't use much else. I only comment on the message boards occasionally, I don't have any MFP-only friends, and I couldn't care less if someone else on here wants to flirt with me or thinks I'm datable or any of the other silliness I encounter here.
  • kshama2001
    edited April 2016
    Options

@Alyssa_Is_LosingIt we're discussing that in Forum Feedback if you want to add your 2 cents: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36038616#Comment_36038616
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@Alyssa_Is_LosingIt we're discussing that in Forum Feedback if you want to add your 2 cents: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36038616#Comment_36038616

Thanks @kshama2001 . :smile:

Unfortunately I "don't have permission to do that." Lol.