Need Maintaining Friends!

Options
1. I don't have a clean diet.
2. I do HIIT, Kettlebell, sometimes running.
3. Mom of 3.
4. Don't accept requests from anyone that *only* has women as friends.
5. Sarcastic and use bad language on my feed. If you don't care for it need not apply ;-)

Little bit about me! I would love some new active and maintaining friends!

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in maintenance, too:

1. I eat pizza and beer and Mexican food. What's a clean diet? ;)
    2. I do body weight routines and almost done with C25K
    3. Married father of 3 myself!
    4. I only have 2 friends on MFP, so... :'(
    5. I have a sarcastic sense of humor, but I'm more of the "thumbs up you did great" kind of a comment guy. I don't know you well enough to be a smart-@ss yet!

Feel free to add me!
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am always impressed with people that complete C25K! I have tried several times and make it about as far as week 4 and then something gets in the way or I hurt myself or something stupid. Someday I will complete it, someday!
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Why not? Generally interested by the way, not being funny. I've no idea if my friends are male or female, genuinely never thought about it, maybe it says somewhere.

Even excluding number 4 I don't fit your criteria though as I don't do exercise. I am active and maintaining though :smile:
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    lc355 wrote: »

Why not? Generally interested by the way, not being funny. I've no idea if my friends are male or female, genuinely never thought about it, maybe it says somewhere.

Even excluding number 4 I don't fit your criteria though as I don't do exercise. I am active and maintaining though :smile:

Because there are a LOT of people that "collect" women friends to stare at their photos and stuff. I dunno. It creeps me out when someone requests me, has 500 friends, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is a woman. I am also smart enough to know that someone could put a profile pic up of a woman and say they are a woman and still collect only women friends...

Mostly, it's a way to weed out who is here for fitness and who is here for...who knows what else.
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh I see, yeah that never occurred to me. I don't put personal photos up but for those who do I can see you'd have to be careful.
  • MaintainCats
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options

Because there are a LOT of people that "collect" women friends to stare at their photos and stuff. I dunno. It creeps me out when someone requests me, has 500 friends, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is a woman. I am also smart enough to know that someone could put a profile pic up of a woman and say they are a woman and still collect only women friends...

Mostly, it's a way to weed out who is here for fitness and who is here for...who knows what else.

I'm not criticising what you're saying, but some of us males on mfp do have a large female fan base (not all however). You have to remember this site has a larger demographic skewed towards women.

It doesn't make us men who have friends lists with lots of women creeps and a lot of us are focused on maintenance or encouraging others.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I thought I was the only one who noticed this-sooo creepy! Before I took my MFP hiatus (with my old account), I had before/after pictures up and I got some pretty creepy pm's from guys asking for more pictures etc. My husband was pizzed off to say the least. When I reset up my account last week I decided to not add any real pictures of myself, hence the worm in my profile picture lol. It sucks because I do like my before/after pictures, but not worth having to deal with nasty's out there!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »

I'm not criticising what you're saying, but some of us males on mfp do have a large female fan base (not all however). You have to remember this site has a larger demographic skewed towards women.

It doesn't make us men who have friends lists with lots of women creeps and a lot of us are focused on maintenance or encouraging others.

There's definitely members here who are trolling for pictures/collecting only women friends etc. It's very creepy and kind of scary. I've changed how I use MFP because of past experiences with getting pms asking for pictures/personal information. I'm sure the majority of guys on MFP are legit, but there are some people who are using MFP for nefarious purposes :p As a woman, it doesn't hurt to be cautious!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »

There's definitely members here who are trolling for pictures/collecting only women friends etc. It's very creepy and kind of scary. I've changed how I use MFP because of past experiences with getting pms asking for pictures/personal information. I'm sure the majority of guys on MFP are legit, but there are people who are using MFP for nefarious purposes :p

I completely sympathise with this and thats incredibly creepy. This is a fitness site after all :p
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance & have a mix of friends (mostly female I think but who has time to track that). I am not here to date or to stare @ pictures. My Wife would not approve if you know what I mean... lol

I am here to stay motivated & focused so I don't fall off the wagon again.. :)
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1. I aim for healthier stuff at home meaning I don't eat a lot of boxed/frozen meals. The sodium is way to high. 2. Workouts are walking, dancing, HIIT, and would love to start running (I'm up to 20 minutes).
    3. I'm a wife and mom of a toddler so it's tough to find time to exercise.
    4. I deleted a few guy pals that only had women as friends. What tipped me off, they didn't get involved in the feeds. I put on my sleuth hat and began looking. Nothing but women. It felt creepy in the "prey" kind of way.
    5. I don't mind bad language. I cleaned mine up because I would rather my toddler use the potty than have a potty mouth lmao.
    6. I tend to find humor in a lot of things and enjoy being a cheerleader to my pals.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2015 and lost 48 pounds. I started maintenance mid March so I'm very new at it. I'm going at it blind - I stopped logging & weighing food but try to step on the scale daily. I figure the food diary is there if I go over my maintenance range. My two future fitness goals are running and lifting. The latter being the most important. And because of that, I may have to start logging food to make sure I'm getting enough protein. (sigh)

Add me if you need a maintenance buddy! I need to start building up a "maintenance crew" myself.
  • chrisso802016
    chrisso802016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy. Married, with 1 squid (kid). Just really started on MFP. Havent been to the Gym since High School. Been doing this "active" thing for about a month now. This last weekend was the first time I slipped, and went all stupid with my (non) logging, and intake. Ready to start this week off right, but didnt with no Gym trip this morning due to a customer emergency, so I'm dragging *kitten*.

Anyways, I've been wanting to join a group or something just to have the motivation to keep up with people. I'm not really in maintenance mode, but since I'm new to this, I am trying to maintain my 1670 cals per day. It's been easier than I thought (once I got passed the first week). Working out 5 to 7 days a week.

Feel free to send me an invite. if not, then thats understood. I'm still trying to decide what pic I want to put up as a profile pic. I work in the information security field, so anonymity is strict with me. But not in a creeper way.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You sound like my kind of people. HA!

I have 3 kids, too. Mostly run and do cardio kickboxing and strength. Work full time. Also maintaining. I'll be your MFP friend!
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have found that maintaining is every bit as challenging as losing the lard.
    Feel free to add me.
    Maybe we can support each other.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. Just met my goal weight! I never thought of the creeper guys! But I can see the concern.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining :smile: feel free to add me if you'd like
  • message4michelle
    message4michelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pick me, pick me! I'd love some more "maintaining" friends. While I am still trying to lose, I am at a healthy weight after being obese most of my life.
  • allyokedup
    allyokedup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Started on my first MFP account few years ago, been at maintenance for a couple years now. Ice cream and pizza fits nicely into my macros
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I need maintenance friends too ,am struggling with it at the moment to be honest