Running pants?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Are we talking pants like in America or pants like in the UK? I learned the difference the hard way while proclaiming "dontcha hate pants" at my first party in the UK. Awkward...

Anyways, if we're talking pants and not underwear, I echo the wisdom of something with a higher waist and a draw string. Nothing sits on my hips. Drawstrings are my friend.

If we're talking underwear, I don't know. I wish I did.

Wait so in the UK Pants means undies?
  • makelemonade14
    makelemonade14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I found when I went tighter they stayed up! My looser yoga style fit are fine for some exercise, but when I switched to running all mine without a drawstring fell. So frustrating. Now I'm using compression pants that are tight to get on, but they stay out. My favorite brand are lularoe. They are lightly brushed inside so they stay up. I've bought most of mine on eBay for much cheaper than the consultants sell them for. But any compression style should work better than looser workout pants.
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, and to my UK friends yes I mean the outer layer or trousers. I found a pair of high waisted drawstring men's pants target that made it through week 4 day 1. I am still waiting on the old Navy get up I ordered to see how theirs work. The wally world by my town is small and doesn't have athletic wear so danskin is out.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    Are we talking pants like in America or pants like in the UK? I learned the difference the hard way while proclaiming "dontcha hate pants" at my first party in the UK. Awkward...

Anyways, if we're talking pants and not underwear, I echo the wisdom of something with a higher waist and a draw string. Nothing sits on my hips. Drawstrings are my friend.

If we're talking underwear, I don't know. I wish I did.

Waiting for an answer on this myself.

So in the U.K., pants=underwear and trousers=pants? So in the U.S. you put on your underwear first then your pants, but in the U.K. you put on your pants followed by your trousers? (I'm guessing on "trousers", I have no other idea what else you would call an article of clothing that covers your legs)

I'm going to need a judges ruling on this...
  • Missyb187
    Missyb187 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Waiting for an answer on this myself.

So in the U.K., pants=underwear and trousers=pants? So in the U.S. you put on your underwear first then your pants, but in the U.K. you put on your pants followed by your trousers? (I'm guessing on "trousers", I have no other idea what else you would call an article of clothing that covers your legs)

I'm going to need a judges ruling on this...[/quote]

Yes, you are correct.

US underwear = pants in the UK
    US pants = trousers in the UK

I'm American living in the UK and I still call pants underwear and trousers pants. My husband is English so I get little comments from time to time but he's used to it and knows what I mean.
  • VanderTuig1976
    VanderTuig1976 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I prefer running in running shorts, however, I have had good luck with Nike and Victoria's Secret compression tights (no sliding). Admittedly, they are pricey but the quality is so good that you'll likely get a few years use out of them.