Back again

Options
I just logged into my MyFitnessPal account and saw that I am back to my original weight from 2014 after losing almost 40 lbs. I am thoroughly upset with myself. I have my daughter's wedding coming up in early June 2016 - only 2 months away and I hate the way I look in the dress I bought.

I am charging up my Fitbit and uploaded the apps for MyFitnessPall and Fitbit to my phone. Here we go again.

I unfortunately decided to start this again after breakfast. My breakfast was a New York size bagel, butter/olive oil, Chai latte and some jelly beans. I hope I can do better as the day/week/months go by.

Determined yet again,
Terri

Replies

• Rancie2239
    Rancie2239 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks @queenliz99 how long have you been doing this?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This? Calorie counting? Steering people to helpful threads? Using MFP?
  • Rancie2239
    Options
    All of it. I can see that you posts 9848 times so I can see you are a great resource. Any motivational advice for a 55+yo?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Don't let age be an excuse, 50 is the new 30!! LOL

Here is a group you may be interested in!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/15324-over-50-ladies
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Don't let age be an excuse, 50 is the new 30!! LOL

Here is a group you may be interested in!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/15324-over-50-ladies[/quote

Hey I like the way you think Queenliz99 you have cheered me up!

Age shouldn't matter Terri get stuck in ( but not to the food!) Good luck girl I'm rooting for you :)
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do it. One day at a time as they say.
  • desertprincess413
    desertprincess413 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Remember to be kind to yourself! If a bad day happens, let it roll off your back and look to the future!
  • vcurrie19
    vcurrie19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are awesome for getting back into it! Just starting up again is a big step, you should be super happy with yourself. You can do it! :)
  • Rancie2239
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know that being over 55 brings other challenges with weight loss and I took your recommendation queenliz99 to join that group. Life is great except for the weight issues. My health is fairly good, some knee pain but blood pressure and A1c are in check but I am feeling the effects of carrying on the extra weight in my knees, breathing and apnea.
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am back again too. I am almost to 190 and I don't want the scale to tip over to this number. Please feel free to add me. I need to lose 50+ pounds. Starting today on the right foot. About to take my first walk in months. I need all the help and encouragement I can get.
  • MaGaZgz
    MaGaZgz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • Rancie2239
    Options
    Welcome back MaGaZgz. This was day 2 for me. It was really rough mid afternoon to dinner but I held out.
  • MaGaZgz
    MaGaZgz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for the add, Tshkuda. :smile:
  • judyring
    judyring Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi need motivation. Add me if you want