Exercise advice?

Options
Hi everyone. After a little advice... I have rejoined my fitness pal after months upon months of yoyo dieting and non existant exercise. I did not realise until earlier tonight when i tried a light workout dvd, exactly what binge eating crap can do to your health :( I could barely do 10 minutes!! Just wondering if anyone had some advice on what i could do to ease back into regular exercise again. The workout i tried was leslie sansone 3 mile walk at home. My aim is to lose weight, tone up and get healthier. Please feel free to add me by the way, need all the help i can get to shift over 70lbs :( x

Replies

• Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Do small activities just to get in a routine. Ride a bike leisurely, walk dogs (if you have any), or look for a local fitness group. They make working out fun!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    When I started in January, I was so out of shape that my first goal was to be able to do 15 minutes on our stationary bike. It was hard the first few weeks, but it got easier and easier every day. Start small.
  • mrskoopy
    mrskoopy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Start with the 1 mile and work your way up. I started with the 1 mile and now I'm working on anywhere between 2-3 miles (depending on what else I'm doing during the day) and am even going to start the C25K program now that it's nicer outside.
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Start walking then gradually increase the distance, walking is so under rated.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    With Leslie DVDs - to start out keep your moves small (including arm movements). You don't have to keep pace. These are a couple "beginner" workouts on YouTube.

Ellen Barrett Weight Watchers Walk (there are 3 - 10, 20 & 30 minutes): www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3twvd-hzhw

Jessica Smith: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUR862hhIE

Leslie Sansone, look for the Exercise TV Start Walking - 1 Mile Walk

Leslie & Ellen Barret are on DVD too.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. 10 minutes today, 12 minutes next week . . . in no time you will be at 30 minutes.

I know the frustration that you have. I started doing 15 minutes on the elliptical and worked my way up - but I always took my time and watched my fellow workout buddies burn out and suffer multiple injuries. So don't beat yourself up about how long you can workout, appreciate that fact the you tried and in time you will get better.

I took a week off for vacation and ate really bad and when I tried to workout this morning it was a struggle but I know what I am capable of and I will take my time to get back there. Yes, poor diet really does effect how active you are but that is easily fixed.