Best food scale (Canada) and help me troubleshoot plz

Options
Hey everyone. I have had some great success before mfp mainly just eating the same things everyday and very low carb.I am down approx 37 pounds in almost 4 months so I am not complaining but I still have a ways to go!!! I want to keep a steady momentum and hope for 1.5 to 2 lbs a week but Ive been gaining :( I believe its because with my estimations now Ive been eating under 1000 calories a day for the 37 pound loss :(...mfp has me at 1320.. Should I up or go down? I will be purchasing a scale and buckle down. I am also introducing more exercise aswell.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Definitely get the scale and measure everything. I found out that my coffee was more calories than I thought when I actually measured the milk I was putting in. Thought it was 2 tsp but it was more like 2tbs worth when I used the scale. Same with my snacks, logging a medium apple but when I weighed it, the calories were almost twice what I thought they were.
    I just bought a 20$ digital model from Walmart (also in Canada btw). It has a tare function so that I can zero out after I put a container on it so I don't need to subtract.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Use a scale. You'll shock yourself once you realize how much/little you've been eating.

My at-home scale is a Starfrit I bought at Canadian Tire for $20. My travel scale is a $10 Taylor from Walmart.
  • eyeshinebright
    eyeshinebright Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Use a scale. You'll shock yourself once you realize how much/little you've been eating.

My at-home scale is a Starfrit I bought at Canadian Tire for $20. My travel scale is a $10 Taylor from Walmart.

Hey, I was thinking about getting the one from Canadian Tire. Is it working well for you?
  • eyeshinebright
    eyeshinebright Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have had some great success before mfp mainly just eating the same things everyday and very low carb.I am down approx 37 pounds in almost 4 months so I am not complaining but I still have a ways to go!!! I want to keep a steady momentum and hope for 1.5 to 2 lbs a week but Ive been gaining :( I believe its because with my estimations now Ive been eating under 1000 calories a day for the 37 pound loss :(...mfp has me at 1320.. Should I up or go down? I will be purchasing a scale and buckle down. I am also introducing more exercise aswell.

Hey, congrats on the success! I wouldn't go below 1000 calories a day, I'd say 1200 should be your cut off. Incorporate the scale and some exercise and see where that will get you.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I just got one from CT ...the green one (maybe starfrit)...works fine
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Perfect!! Thanks guys. Going to Canadian Tire tomorrow.