Join my UK BOAT! *Row the world challenge^

Options

Replies

• rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    - Rachel
    - West Midlands, UK (near Wolverhampton)
    - 19lbs
    - 22lbs
    - ERM. I'm a redheaded gemini, which technically makes me a fiery schizophrenic ;)

no idea about the name, i'm useless at these things! I like the nautical theme though - what about something like 'batten down the hatches'?

group members feel free to add me too!! :)
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to suggest that Vladikavkaz isn't my real name?

- Your real first name?
    Russell
    - Age?
    - Location?
    London
    - How much you have lost?
    16 - was 19 a couple of weeks ago :(
    - How much you have to go?
    4 to be in the 'ideal' bracket probably 14lb to lose the 'tyre'
    - One interesting fact?
    I'm off to Noma on Tuesday. Might not be the best idea when I'm trying to lose weight, but hey.
  • Charlottekd
    Options
    "Nauti Buoy" ? lol

I LOVE this!!

Number 10. woop woop.

- Charlotte
    - Milton Keynes
    - 9lbs
    - Roughly 35lbs
    - One interesting fact? Pfft there are none :)
  • marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pls add me if there's room for one more! (Also started 30 day shred today, on same message thread as Kate!)
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the play on words for the name... :)

- Sarah
    - Worcestershire
    - 77lbs
    - 69lbs
    - I have recently returned from living in California for 10 years
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    - Hayley
    - Liverpool
    - 8lb
    - 14lb
    - Used to be a primary school teacher til i realised lookking after my own children was hard enough!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    WE HAVE A FULL BOAT! Thanks to marmitegirly2. Keep the info coming and I'll set us up in the challenge later today. I'm thinking I'd be cool to have a pirate boat icon on the map. :)

Also, poi is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IjdnMvBW_A

x
  • marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    - Your real first name? Lisa
    - Age? 35
    - Location? Surrey
    - How much you have lost? 9lb
    - How much you have to go? 26lb
    - One interesting fact? I go to adult disco dancing classes. Makes my kids cringe!
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options
    - Your real first name? Sarah
    - Age? 25
    - Location? London
    - How much you have lost? 11 pounds
    - How much you have to go? 125 pounds
    - One interesting fact? I am good friends with the brother of the Go Compare man
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    - Your real first name?
    - Age?
    - Location?
    - How much you have lost?
    - How much you have to go?
    - One interesting fact?

Emilie
    Bristol, UK
    None yet!
    About 35kg (but happy to convert to lbs for the challenge if it helps!)
    I prefer the UK weather to my native Australia :)

:glasses:

Love the name "Nauti Buoy".. brilliant!!
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I'm starting to 30 day shred again today as a way to get back into an exercise routine, so having to log my calories into this will help to keep me from slacking!

I'm starting the 30DS today too :D

Great! Have you done it before? Its my all time favourite work out, I have nearly all of Jillians dvds, and love them, but its the 30DS that I keep going back to. I've been off the exercise wagon, well, off the wagon completely if 'm honest, since Christmas and the lbs are slowly but suerly starting to pile back on. So I'm hoping that getting back into a routine will get me back on track. Once I get over the first few days I love exercise, but getting starting back is always the hardest part for me. I'l send you a friend request and
    we can motivate each other.

Hi Kate, no i've never done it before i'm a 30DS virgin! I brought the 30DS and burn fat and better metobalism dvd's (i think thats what it's called on the top of my head). I totally agree i started exercising two weeks ago and the first week was hard and my body was real sore but now i feel good and look foreward to it although i know im going to be really achy after trying 30DS tonight. And thanks for the friends request i definately need the motivation ;)
  • Chilliaddict
    Options
    How much lost: 7lbs
    How much to go: 60
    One interesting fact: I can fence (as in swordmanship not putting up fences in the garden lol)
  • Chilliaddict
    Options
    - Your real first name? Sarah
    - Age? 25
    - Location? London
    - How much you have lost? 11 pounds
    - How much you have to go? 125 pounds
    - One interesting fact? I am good friends with the brother of the Go Compare man

Aaaah those Go Compare adverts drive me nuts!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    - Your real first name? Sue
    - Age? 49
    - Location? Sevenoaks, Kent
    - How much you have lost? 15lbs
    - How much you have to go? 4lbs
    - One interesting fact? I have more internet friends than I do real ones...........sad isn't it?
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I'm starting to 30 day shred again today as a way to get back into an exercise routine, so having to log my calories into this will help to keep me from slacking!

I'm starting the 30DS today too :D

Great! Have you done it before? Its my all time favourite work out, I have nearly all of Jillians dvds, and love them, but its the 30DS that I keep going back to. I've been off the exercise wagon, well, off the wagon completely if 'm honest, since Christmas and the lbs are slowly but suerly starting to pile back on. So I'm hoping that getting back into a routine will get me back on track. Once I get over the first few days I love exercise, but getting starting back is always the hardest part for me. I'l send you a friend request and
    we can motivate each other.

Hi Kate, no i've never done it before i'm a 30DS virgin! I brought the 30DS and burn fat and better metobalism dvd's (i think thats what it's called on the top of my head). I totally agree i started exercising two weeks ago and the first week was hard and my body was real sore but now i feel good and look foreward to it although i know im going to be really achy after trying 30DS tonight. And thanks for the friends request i definately need the motivation ;)

Good luck with level 1 day 1! I promise if you can stick with it past day 4 it get s soooo much easier. I also have the Banish fat boost metabolism dvd - its a killer! But in a good way! Its a great next step after completeing the shred, but it is a big step up in terms of endurance. But we can do it together!
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Its great getting to know everyone! Lets hope we can keep the motivation going and smash this challenge:happy:
  • Kate_UK
    Options

Can't open yuotube at work, will have to have a look this evening.
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Gah, another team has entered with 'Feeling Nauti'
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    What about:
    Three sheets to the wind?
    The yellow Submarine (Pretty patriotic for a UK boat!)
    The British Isler
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Or "The Salty Buoy" or is that too rude?