Back after severe illness, where do I start?

Options
At the end of the summer last year I became very ill, even developing pnuemonia and a variety of other illnesses that severely hindered my able to eat and exercise. At one point I dwindled down to 115lbs. The smallest I had ever been since I was a 14 year old girl.

Finally I am back up to 122lbs and over all of my illnesses. Longing to hit the weights back. I'm still thinner than normal. My usual body weight is about 130lbs. However I can eat, have my energy back, and am noticeably stronger.

I want to begin a routine but after about 8 months off I'm not sure where to start! Are there any guides online I can find that can get me back into weight lifting after being quite sedentary for nearly a year? Any suggestions please?

Replies

• wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has a lot of programs with diversity and are all free. What is your goal
  • Beefjerky8
    Beefjerky8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go to your local library and see what resources (books) they have their that will suit your needs. Free!
    Reading what you have been through makes me think how lucky I am
    Congrats for fighting through and now being 100%. You will reach your goals with your mindset I am sure!! Good luck
  • Beefjerky8
    Beefjerky8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh and read the book: Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. A great resource to help you!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves and New Rules Of Lifting for Women.
    Glad you're well again. Try not to gain weight back too fast, learn your programme the. Go for a half a pound a week gain.