Home workout routines ??!

Options
pashllen
pashllen Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone :)

I'm 5'8 and have recently gone from 112 to 125 (recovery from an eating disorder), and the weight feels uncomfortable. I'm eating healthy and everything but don't have access to the gym anymore. Are there any exercises I can do at home (I have weights and a pull-up bar) that will help me to tone up ??? If anyone has a routine id love to hear it !!

thanks !!!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPad or other mobile device?
  • pashllen
    Options
    I am typing on my phone, yes
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    fitness blender (free workout videos)

You shouldn't aim to lose weight though. You are just barely at a healthy weight for your height. Losing weight would be unhealthy (being underweight has very serious health consequences). I won't discourage exercising for health and fitness though. You might find your more comfortable if you add some muscle (strength training).
  • japfume
    japfume Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a basic circuit I'm doing right now that's hard for me. I'm just doing 10 rounds of pushups, pullups and squats, but I'm training for an obstacle race so this might be better for metabolic conditioning vs toning.
  • japfume
    japfume Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you check out the you are your own gym (yayog) app, it's like 3 bucks but gives demonstrations and has structured workouts, I was able to do one handed push ups last time I completed the program.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So you're recovering from an eating disorder and now you want to lose the weight again?
  • pashllen
    Options
    So you're recovering from an eating disorder and now you want to lose the weight again?

I'm at a healthy weight now, I'd just like to turn the useless fat into muscle :)
  • prbravo11
    prbravo11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A good routine of exercises while maintaining your eating habits will get you there. Focus on more reps and a variety of exercises.
    Theres plenty of body weight exercises you can do that are just as challenging as weighted exercises. Feel free to ask me
  • pashllen
    Options
    prbravo11 wrote: »
    A good routine of exercises while maintaining your eating habits will get you there. Focus on more reps and a variety of exercises.
    Theres plenty of body weight exercises you can do that are just as challenging as weighted exercises. Feel free to ask me

Thanks for the reply :) what body weight exercises would you recommend??
  • pashllen
    Options
    fitness blender (free workout videos)

You shouldn't aim to lose weight though. You are just barely at a healthy weight for your height. Losing weight would be unhealthy (being underweight has very serious health consequences). I won't discourage exercising for health and fitness though. You might find your more comfortable if you add some muscle (strength training).

I'm definitely going for fitness now, eating right and exercising. I just want to replace some fat with muscle. Thank you for the suggestions !! I'll definitely check those videos out :)
  • pashllen
    Options
    Do you have an iPad or other mobile device?

Just figured out how to reply lol. Yes I have a phone ~
  • jkdpowell
    jkdpowell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YouTube has many good workouts.