So, as of this morning . . . .

Options
Madwife2009
Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
. . . . according to the BMI scale, I am "overweight" and well and truly out of the obese range. I am SO happy - I know, it's weird, being happy to be overweight but I've been obese (and beyond :/ ) for such a long time. Totally thrilled - a good start to the day :)

And, I only have another pound to go before I'll have lost 100 lbs. I've promised myself a treat when I hit that number - a trip to the coast. I live in the middle of the south of England and it takes a couple of hours to get to the coast so this is a biggie - lots of coast-walking - I am really looking forward to it.

Replies

• abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That´s just wonderful... love it when it happen... the milestones. Congrats from a fitnesspal ;-)
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Very happy for you. But, you knew you could do it...right?
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember being happy to be overweight. Great feeling! Keep up the good work!
  • TonyG111160
    TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well done - I aim to become overweight too - halfway there!
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well done and not long till you can get to the coast
  • Madwife2009
    Options
    Congrats. Very happy for you. But, you knew you could do it...right?

Yep, I knew that I would. Just as I know I'm going to hit my goal someday :smile:

• Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Very, very well done! You must feel great. Take a moment to remember this feeling. Let it sink into your deepest memory. Anytime you struggle in the next stage of your journey (and we all do, right) - remember how good today felt and use it to keep you on track. In the meantime - enjoy your day of success!
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    . . . .

And, I only have another pound to go before I'll have lost 100 lbs. I've promised myself a treat when I hit that number - a trip to the coast. I live in the middle of the south of England and it takes a couple of hours to get to the coast so this is a biggie - lots of coast-walking - I am really looking forward to it.

We live in Wiltshire so I understand the long journey to the coast. We went Weymouth last week and had fish and chips! The grease was too much for my tummy, but it was a lovely day. Well done on your loss X
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well done! Enjoy your well deserved trip.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Oh I remember that feeling. It was the best. Everyone said "why so happy to be overweight?" I'm like "well, I'm no longer obese, duh" :smiley:
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fantastic well done for you, I'm middle ish south uk to , Hertfordshire , but my mums on the coast in Brighton and I have serious envy when she texts me pics from her long walks.
    I was like you so happy to get into overweight catagory and now just a handful of pounds from being a healthy bmi .
    X em
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    . . . . according to the BMI scale, I am "overweight" and well and truly out of the obese range. I am SO happy - I know, it's weird, being happy to be overweight but I've been obese (and beyond :/ ) for such a long time. Totally thrilled - a good start to the day :)

Congrats! I hope to be joining you in the "overweight" category soon (about 5 more lbs to go). I know just how big a deal that is! Great job, and great idea for a treat. Enjoy :smiley:
  • Madwife2009
    Options
    Aw, thank you everyone, you're all lovely, lovely people. To others it may be small (my family were highly amused by my extreme excitement this morning, especially my slender, slender 16yo) but it's a biggie to those of us at that point.
    I'm like "well, I'm no longer obese, duh" :smiley:

This is classic, I roared with laughter when I read it. A quote for later use, methinks!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!