Body weight exercises !!

Options
What are the best body weight exercises for toning up, in your opinion?? Should I just stick to the basics — crunches, push-ups, ect. or do you have any other favorites ?

Thx for sharing :)

Replies

• hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Crunches, pushups, squats.
    You can also try yoga and pilates, there are many videos on youtube. I like Jillian's Yoga Meltdown level 1 very much.
  • JaseG86
    JaseG86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favourite body weight workouts, my PT suggested it for when I work away with no access to a gym and I think it pretty much is a full body workout that was quite intense:

20 squats into 15 get ups - 5 sets (1min rest between sets)
    2min rest
    10 inchworms, 10 reverse lunges (5 each leg) 10 burpees - 4 sets (1min rest between sets)
    2-3min rest
    8mins continues work...
    1 pressup, 1 butterfly crunch. Add a rep to each exercise every round, go up as high as you can in the 8minutes.

Each time I aim to get to a higher number in the last 8 minutes, which keeps my going!
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    what jaseG86 said or a workout dvd/youtube videos like 30dayshred.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There is no "best" but you can't go wrong with pushups, pull ups, squats, hanging knee raises & burpees. And all the variations that apply.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    look into convict training or your body is your own gym, all bodyweight.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a bunch of ideas on specifics/photos & routines. My favorites are burpees, push ups, walking lunges, wall squat, prisoner squats, step ups, planks. And there are variations on every exercise to make it harder or at a different angle. Add in jumping jacks, high knees, skipping, hopping or dancing between exercises and get a killer workout!

Hey thanks for the motivation to get back to these workouts.
  • BalancedLondon
    BalancedLondon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can try Rooboards body weight exercises http://www.rooboard.com/workouts-and-exercises-for-balance-board-training/

You can do all these exercises without a Rooboard but it does increase the intensity which shortens the workout times. It is available on Kickstarter at the moment.