My belly is smaller but my weight stays the same!! Help.

Options
After a month of working out and dieting, my belly looks smaller. I took photo after 2 weeks of working out and now to compare. I lost up to 2.5kg after 20 days but from that until now my weight stays the same and does not go down.
I am following low calorie diet with around 1000-1200 calories/ day (I am currently 65kg and 1m62).
I work out at gym nearly in 2 hours (45 minutes cardio and the rest doing squat, lunges) all week.
Sometimes, I have my cheat days (once every 2 weeks).
I do not know what's my problem.
I really want to drop 10kg in 3-4 months and read lots of successful stories.
I dont know what to change to loose stubborn weights.
Please help.
8k10jcvzt4uo.png

Replies

• mmclure317
    mmclure317 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
    Have you cut out all sugar, pop, juice, breads???
  • fan121258
    fan121258 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I still eat a slice of rye bread in the morning. I eat quinoa instead of rice.
    I drink 2 cups of tea, 1 cup of lime water (with a little raw honey), and 1l water everyday.
    I try to stay away from sugar.
    I still eat macamadia and sometimes sunflower seeds? Is that ok or should I cut them out?
    Do you think I should cut off my cheat day?
    I heard that I should eat before working out to loose more weight?
    Is that right?
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If u are shrinking and scales stay the same that can be a good thing. U are losing fat. Losing fat and losing weight are different things.
    I've recently lost an inch measurement wise and body fat % drooped but scales have stayed the same.
    Scales are not the best thing to give u a clear picture of where u are at.
  • fan121258
    Options
    I know about loosing fat and gaining muscle. However, I do really hope to shred weights. I would love to drop more weight and want to know how to change my diet, exercises.
    Until now I do not take a day off per week to recover. Is it necessary to do so to lose weight?
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to workout fasted (1St thing in the morning). Works for me.
    Please try not to get fixated on scales and weight, scales don't tell u what's happening inside. If ur losing measurements that is the best way.
    Macadamia are great but I don't touch sunflowers seeds. And I have a handful of macadamia a couple of times a week.
    For you I would say make sure ur getting ur protein goal that is key for any human.
    If ur losing inches then it's working.
    Fat and muscle weigh the same, the key difference is muscle takes up less space hence u can lost fat/inches and the scales don't budge
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving this awesome thread here.. Read, and maybe you'll get the reason why :smile:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Weight fluctuates everyday. It is possible that you were having an upward spike due to water retention (which, in turn, could be due to hormones, carbs, DOMS etc.) on the day you weighed yourself the second time.
    Also, are you sure a 1000-1200 calorie diet is sustainable? It isn't a race. :wink:

ETA: Do you eat back your exercise calories? At a sedentary level, you have a 700 calorie deficit with a 1000 calorie intake, assuming you eat back your exercise calories. And in case you don't eat back your exercise calories, you have a deficit of almost 1500 cals/day, which is, obviously, unhealthy as you will lose more muscle mass than fat at that rate.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You are probably losing fat. It may not show on the scales. It's a great NSV!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    OP, read through this:

8mwrvelgzkgl.jpg
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    quinoa, btw, is no lower in calories than rice, and depending on how much you eat each morning, you could probably cut the amount you eat in half since you're also having toast.
  • fan121258
    Options
    Thank for all advice. I'll keep on going and try to cut the amount of quinoa. It's hard for me to weigh my food but I try my best to understand what I eat.