Diet pills!

124»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Eating less calories works. Spend money on a food scale instead of money on pills with nasty side effects.

I agree with this. I weigh and measure everything I eat. I tried diet pills over 30 years ago when I was a teenager and they made my heart race. They aren't safe to use nor good for you. Try to do it the legit way and I bet you will see some loss very soon.

Also, try taking some iodine supplement. I have it in liquid form and take about a 1/2 to 1 tbsp per day. It helps with thyroid issues and overall health. It also gives me a lot of energy.
  • rkennedy1014
    rkennedy1014 Posts: 18 Member
    So what would happen if you set your goal at 1200 and exercised 3-5 times a week but didn't take the pill? Why do you think that it's the pill helping you achieve that 1-2 lb/week loss and not just the calorie deficit that you are following, and being successful with?

Well, I did that for 6 years and never saw a pound come off. If I ever strayed from 1200 calories, I gained. I gained 60 lbs on cheat days. I saw countless doctors over the years and finally found answers this year. When you legitimately have a metabolic disorder, Qsymia helps you to see results. It doesn't mean you don't have to try though. It's not magic and it's certainly not the "speed" everyone is referring to. I feel exactly the same as before, but this has helped speed my metabolism up just a bit so I am actually seeing weight loss. I don't know if it's only Qsymia to credit since I'm on a bunch of other supplements now, but I certainly wouldn't discredit it either as the devils pill.

• mrsdulitl
    mrsdulitl Posts: 2 Member
    mrsdulitl wrote: »
    I used Reductil Sibutramine (Meridia) 150mg from http://generic-meds-store.com some time ago. This pill has literally been a lifesaver for me...12 kilos lost in 2 months left me utterly amazed. It's a perfect appetite suppressant that works from the very first week of use by suppressing appetite and cravings. I don't think I have ever tried a drug that has helped me cope as well as this one has. At this moment in time, I would definitely recommend giving this drug a go!

So what happens after you stop taking it? You'll gain the weight back because your cravings & appetite will come back & you never learned how to cope with that, without medication and/or supplements.

Hi,
    I am no longer on Meridia and haven't gained any weight back either. I feel so much healthier now.
    Good luck !!
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Eating less calories works. Spend money on a food scale instead of money on pills with nasty side effects.
    It's just human nature to desire that softer journey made smooth with a touch of magic from Doctor Pill.
    Nothing replaces self-discipline and work, but I'd have a hard time making money selling that.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    In alot of my Adult years I have been prescribed phentermine. (I am also have PCOS) I haven't had any problems with taking them but it was the same routine take a month or two lose 15-20 pounds and comes right back. Even beginning of this journey the first month I went and had some prescribed.
    But, what I did differently THIS time that I had NEVER done before and the public really fails to do (commercials on quick fixes) I decided to really try and educate myself. I spent/spend hours watching videos I read up on foods and really try to understand our whole body. It is amazing after you learn why we need to do this or that...these foods over these foods and WHY we need to do them. For me it made it so much easier..the second month in I decided no more medication and spent time making small changes in my daily life. I listened to my body and found what works for me the times to eat...combinations of foods that works for me.

I recommend doing the same find what works for you and develop new routines. Small steps and eventually it becomes habit. Each day it gets easier and new and better habits eventually come in. Keep logging your meals on here develop times you eat (for me it was even how I ate made a difference. I now eat at a table every meal which I have never done but it let's my mind know 'you have ate'). It took trial and error but I will promise you if you keep at it, it becomes easier everyday. This is the most I've lost and I honestly believe this time I can live like this which is most important. Educate yourself.