To those who are frustrated...

Options
At the end of January I was more then frustrated. I had been using MFP since October and was yo-yoing in between weights. Between 135-137 lbs. My ultimate goal was 125 but obviously something wasnt working. I had lost weight in the past without a food scale and I've been lucky to drop 10-14 lbs before and obviously it has come back. I decided finally to purchase one and I began actively weighing EVERYTHING. The scale still was staying around the same weight but I knew I couldn't give up. I started a new workout regime too and changed my goal of losing a lb a week to .5 a week instead. I began using fitness blender on youtube's workout videos and I felt so great! They give you estimated calories burned which helps a ton! I definitely think before I started this I was way overestimating my calories burned. I used to use walking dvds and if I walked 3 miles I added 250-300 calories burned which was def not the case! Which is probably a reason I wasn't losing. I kept at it for the next month and by the beginning of March my weight started decreasing. Now since the end of January I have lost 6 lbs! It may not be a lot to some but it is to me! Seeing as I only want to lose about 8 more lbs. I also have just bought 3 new pairs of pants (all from different places) and I am down a pant size! I am so proud and I'm glad I didnt just give up bc the scale was not really budging. So please whatever you do weigh and log EVERYTHING. If you decide to eat a treat dont beat yourself up over it, just log it and move on. Enjoy your holidays and weekends (I have one maintenance day a week and this hasn't impacted my progress whatsoever). Just dont let yourself give up, it will happen as long as youre doing these things! :) Also dont give yourself unrealistic goals because you will just feel defeated if you dont meet them.

Replies

• jumpingborderterrier
    jumpingborderterrier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is exactly what I needed to hear. It takes dedication and patience. Good for you, sticking with it and being patient!
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done with your perseverance. I have got to the stage where I'm bouncing around the same numbers and your post is really helpful
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good post! This is very much a trial-and-error process. No sense giving up and then starting back at square one, or even further behind. Just try a different method until you find what works.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes it is so easy to just give up and go back to your old ways, but why? In the past I gave up so easily but not this time. I was determined and now I have something to show for it!
  • Zshah
    Zshah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, just what I needed to read this morning.
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • chattycathy42
    chattycathy42 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • lml852014
    Options
    Zshah wrote: »
    Thank you for this, just what I needed to read this morning.

Great! I am so happy I could help!
  • lml852014
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really just want to offer words of encouragement bc I know just how frustrating this can all be sometimes.