Linking to Garmin

Options
Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble getting any of the calorie data to make any sense. Particularly, when I link to my garmin. The activities don't agree to my garmin? While my garmin calorie goals doesn't agree to myfitnesspal. Crazyly inconsistent in both systems but they are suppose to be linked?

Any suggestions about getting the links to work well would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lach

Replies

• horseorderly
    horseorderly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine takes forever to catch up so my exercises take a long time to appear on here. My calories also do not match. Garmin tends to give more. I stick to what's left on here for calories.
  • NortherRIder
    NortherRIder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, the MyFitenssPal is not calculating the steps only active calories. Yet, within the Garmin, the calories consumed are not always accurate within that is consumed within MyFitnessPal. Then to make matter worse if you change the settings within MyFitnessPal impacting the goals they don't appear to get corrected within Garmin's goal. Crazy difficult to work with still guessing a bit.
  • NortherRIder
    NortherRIder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I figured it out.

Yes, the MyFitenssPal is not calculating the steps only active calories. So your regular steps are not counted within it's calculations - it is assuming these within the activity level you create within the step up. I step my activity level to zero, within MyFitnessPal and use the actual calories from Garmin, the most accurate.

Then within Garmin it is not including the dinner calories (must be an error in the formula). So, within garmin you have to adjust the total calories from the MyFitnessPal.

Here's hoping they're smarter than me and figure it out. Should be easy enough.